Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Metal Fans...ARMORY

Go down 
+3
Wargod
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Empty
PostSubject: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:40 am

If you are a fan of progressive power metal, check out this band and let me know what you all think:

ARMORY
http://www.myspace.com/armorymetal

ult

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:42 am

Sounds pretty good to me. The vocals are very Geoff Tate-ish.

I'd say this list of "influences" from their MySpace page sums them up nicely:

Their most influencial bands include: Iron Maiden, Helloween, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Megadeth, 80's Metallica, Savatage, Judas Priest, Riot, Lost Horizon, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Ozzy Osbourne, Dream Theater, Angra, Avantasia, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Crimson Glory, Iced Earth, Dio, ManOwaR, HammerFall, Heavenly, Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, Dark Moor, Luca Turilli, Virgin Steele, Vicious Rumors, Running Wild, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Toni MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Cacaphony, Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera, Annihilator, Racer X, Children Of Bodom, Metal Church, Bruce Dickinson, Primal Fear, Black Sabbath, Axel Rudi Pell, Europe, Accept, Overkill, Cloven Hoof, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Journey, Ratt, Van Halen, Pretty Maids, Impellitteri, Anthrax, Testament, Death, Dissection, Flotsam & Jetsam, In Flames, Kamelot, Rush, Grim Reaper, TNT, Loudness, Dionysus, Insania, Nightwish, Hibria, Fairyland, Twilightning, Blind Guardian, Nocturnal Rites, and many more. They are also largely influenced by Nintendo game music, especially: Mega Man, Castlevania, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Contra, Powerblade, Batman, Tecmo Super Bowl, Super Mario Brothers, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, LifeForce, and countless others. Classical music and epic movie soundtracks such as "The Lord of the Rings", "Star Wars", "Braveheart", "Clash of the Titans", and "The Neverending Story"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:48 am

I think they need to switch Iron Maiden and Helloween on the list. At times this is almost Helloween/Gamma Ray worship.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think they need to switch Iron Maiden and Helloween on the list. At times this is almost Helloween/Gamma Ray worship.

Yea, it's got a bit of a Rhapsody feel too, although not as "fruity" if you know what I mean. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:58 pm

Yeah I heard this band about 2-3 years ago pretty good stuff!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:11 pm

I got a copy of their forthcoming cd from them to review....

I've spun it about 5 times so far...very good power metal....

They do a killer cover of MAIDEN's "Flight Of Icarus"

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 am

I've not heard them before stumbling into this thread. Pretty good stuff!!! Makes me wanna go grab me plastic sword and wave it all around in the air!!!

🤘

I'll have to pick up this new album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:25 am

Shiney wrote:
I got a copy of their forthcoming cd from them to review....

I've spun it about 5 times so far...very good power metal....

They do a killer cover of MAIDEN's "Flight Of Icarus"
That would have come to me had I not gotten you that gig! angry

Haha. That's okay. Not sure if I dig the vocals. They sound nothing like Geoff Tate to these ears. His falsetto doesn't sound natural to me; it sounds forced. I don't know, I could probably get used to it, but it's kind of irritating.

EDIT: Nevermind. I hear the Tate sound in the Maiden cover, which is really solid! "Faith In Steal" is the song I had listened to before and I didn't hear it. He sounds way better in this lower register!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:50 am

Sounds decent. I love the fact they covered Dr. Wily's music from Megaman 2. That's metal, right there.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:37 am

<sigh> another band who I must get their cd Smile I really have to stop reading these threads!!!

Alex

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Not bad. Cool early Helloween/Gamma Ray worship. I cannot hear any Tate, the guy is total Tobias Sammett wanna-be vocalist in my opinion, and then some.

I kinda hate it when a band goes and lists 1001 bands in their "sounds like" myspace section. It is total overabuse which interferes badly with the search option.

Those guys need to change their logo asap, unless they want people to mistake them for death metal band at first glance. The artwork could be better too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal Fans...ARMORY   Power Metal Fans...ARMORY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Metal Fans...ARMORY
Page 1 of 1