Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?

Go down 
+13
Shiney
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
Smindas
mc666
scottmitchell74
Mglaffas81
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Empty
PostSubject: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:32 pm

Before I get into it, and people think I'm a loser, I need to point out that my mother, my brother, my sister, and her daughter all live with me in my house. It first started with my mother and brother (who has a learning disability and lives with her); then my sister's wonderful boyfriend got arrested for selling drugs in a school zone and she got evicted, so she also moved in. So...it's like I'm 17 again. I allowed them to move in because, well, how do you say no when they have nowhere to go? So...not a loser. Haha.

Anyway, my mother just called me at work to tell me I got a CD in the mail. On Christmas?!?! Shocked Indeed. Only...the mailman didn't deliver it; the dude it was coming from delivered it. It's from SwapaCD. I guess he's from Cambridge and was in the next town over (right by my house) visiting family, so he hand-delivered it. Is that weird. For some reason I sort of feel like that was breaking some sort of unwritten rule. I mean, there's that goAt character on lala that lives about 20 minutes away from me, we've traded a ton of times, but I've never had a desire to hand-deliver anything. That's just creepy.

What would you think about this?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:48 pm

hmmm....well, if he lived very near to you...and it was Christmas...I guess he just didn't bother sending it, and he maybe just felt like being nice...so, he hand-delivered it. Depends on the kind of person. I don't think it's creepy, I just think he was being nice.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Quote :
goAt character

I've seen some of your exchanges with this guy. Why does he write in third person? Just trying to be cute or what?

I don't think it's creepy, I think it's thoughtful.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
goAt character
I've seen some of your exchanges with this guy. Why does he write in third person? Just trying to be cute or what?
It's just an act. He's pretty funny. He doesn't do that sort of thing (as much) in PMs and stuff.

Quote :
I don't think it's creepy, I think it's thoughtful.....
No? Maybe it's just me then. I just kind of feel weird about that, you know? I mean, considering that a bunch of turds on lala think I'm an anti-gay racist, it's a bit weird that someone could just show up at my house (and rape or kill me). Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 4:32 pm

i think that was a pretty cool thing for him to do. you worry to much. besides, your mom is there to protect you.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:00 pm

I don't think it's creepy - I think he's trying to be a personal Santa.

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 10:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
i think that was a pretty cool thing for him to do. you worry to much. besides, your mom is there to protect you.
My mom would sell me for $100.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:24 pm

Maybe he was just in the Christmas spirit and wanted you to have that cd on Christmas.......or maybe he's stalking you lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Then you have nothing to worry about. Nobody is going to give 50 bucks for you.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:08 am

I think goAt is gonna be at your door tomorrow with a twelver of PBR and an electric cattle prod. Twisted Evil

Seriously, that is a bit odd, but I wouldn't stress it. They guy was probably just in awe of your metal cred and wanted to shake your hand. $10 says he does not wash for a month now. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:42 am

you should probably go and give him a sweat towel for dropping it off for you, since the mailman doesn't like those kinds a tips.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
well, children are always more valuable to their mothers than to the rest of society Laughing

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:11 am

I guess you didn't show him a picture of you first. Then he would have moved out of state before sending you anything! Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:00 am

Maybe the guy just wanted to meet the infamous Eyesore in person!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:32 am

I had 2 very similiar situations as a seller on ebay.

I sold a guy a bobblehead and when I recieved payment, I saw that he was only a few blocks away from my house. Really close, like walking distance. I thought about just dropping it off at the home, but decided against it. I thought it was creepy to show up on his doorstep and I was going to the post office for other itmes anyway. Not that I was gonna knock on the door and hand it to him, but rather just put it in the mailbox. I dunno. It seemed weird.

The 2nd situation was the opposite. Again, it was a bobble sold on ebay and the buyer was in Philly. This time though, he asked if he could save on shipping and pick it up at my home. I told him no, and mailed it to him. I don't want weird bobblehead collectors showing up at my front door, especially if my wife is there alone while I'm at work.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:40 am

Quote :
weird bobblehead collectors

Is there any other kind of bobblehead collector??

Razz
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:35 pm

maybe it was on his way and so was more convenient to deliever it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 pm

I have hand-delivered cds that I have sold. Saves me a buck 31, I know it got to the party and they have all thought it was pretty cool. Another way to meet local metalheads. And I used to drive 10-12 hours a day, so I would use be in thier neighborhood anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:40 pm

Quote :

I'd be afraid of the Broad Street Bullys too! I was gonna put that on one of your packages, but it looked like a work addy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:42 pm

It's illegal to put stuff in a mailbox without postage.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:49 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

I seriously doubt thats enforced.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:49 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

I'd be afraid of the Broad Street Bullys too! I was gonna put that on one of your packages, but it looked like a work addy.

Yea, I get all my purchases, ebay or otherwise, sent to my work address. 1. so I'll get it sooner than waiting to get home and 2. most importantly, so the wife doesn't see how many cd's I've purchased. If I was getting the Eyesore-like shipments sent to my home address, she'd read me the riot act.

Nice reference on the Broad St. Bullys too, Uncle Saxon. You obviously know your hockey history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I don't know, what if the postman found it before Eyesore? I doubt they worry about it until thet find one in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:54 pm

That's sweet, Eyesore. He loves you.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I don't know, what if the postman found it before Eyesore? I doubt they worry about it until thet find one in there.

wow thats a weird law
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?   Um...Is This A Bit Creepy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Um...Is This A Bit Creepy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next