Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another year, another jab in the heart....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Another year, another jab in the heart.... Empty
PostSubject: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:37 am

There the Vikings go again, just went I believed it might actually end up different, it's just more of the same. A flat performance, on the big stage, when it matters most.

Season starts off slow, but I'm cool. I tell myself, "I'm in Alaska with no ride, I'm just happy to be watching them and having something to do." Then they win 6 of 7, and there I go again, thinking they might not choke.

I need to find something better to do in the fall. For real.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:08 pm

Man, I feel for you. I had this game pegged as my "game of the week" but family things only permitted a cursory viewing....and I didn't miss anything.

For a while AD was "can't miss TV"... I wonder what's going on with him/them? Mabye he's trying too hard?

Either way I think 10-12 years from now we'll look back (barring injury) and say that Peterson's one of the Top 5 ever. As it stands he's the most impressive RB I've seen since Bo. Not most productive....most impressive....I look forward to his career.

The Vikes need help...but they still have a chance.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Yeah the Vikings ended up playing like the Vikings yesterday No We just can't have nice things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm from Cleveland so sports let downs are the norm for me. At least MN has had a championship in the last 50++++ years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:53 pm

firestar wrote:
I'm from Cleveland so sports let downs are the norm for me. At least MN has had a championship in the last 50++++ years.

Yeah, but I'm not a fan of all Minny teams. All my fave teams have one except the Vikes. Dodgers, Islanders, Sixers and the Syracuse basketball team.

The Browns are more like the Cubs, while we are like the red Sox before they won. At lewast the Browns won afew back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey, man, at least yer lucky enough to be heartbroken by the prospect of playoffs! My team, the Niners, just experienced the thrill of winning again just recently! Five years and counting....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:28 am

Try being a lifelong Jets sufferer. Last time they were in the Bowl, was a month before I was born. I am also a Vikes fan, But after '98 (Jets and Vikes were in the championship games), it made no sense to hold out any hope until either one of them is actually holding Vince in thier hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Oh, yeah, forgot about them Jest. Very Happy I'm sort of a fan of them myself, and I'm pretty damned frustrated about how inconsistant they are. One year they have high expectations, then flop, next they have no expectations, then surprise, lather rinse repeat.

Course, I also like the Patriots, so it's all good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another year, another jab in the heart....   Another year, another jab in the heart.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another year, another jab in the heart....
Page 1 of 1