Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Old Am I?

Go down 
+8
iamrockerfun
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
mc666
TheGooch
DallasBlack
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:56 pm

No I am not some idiot who has no idea how to tell his age (especially when it's displayed). I get carded everytime I buy tobacco and alcohol no matter what (alcohol I understand, I'm not that old). To top it off when ever someone is asked how old they think I am they say 18 or 19, and very few say early 20s. When informed that I'm 28 they are shocked and can't believe it. So I thought I'd get the opinon of others (I don't have many friends to ask this). Just by looking at me how old would you say I am?
How Old Am I? How_ol10
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm

TheGooch wrote:

You think I look 28 just by looking at my picture? surprised
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:11 pm

isnt that the idea?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:12 pm

ok if you said to me you are twenty eight and then i look at your picture i would think you looked twenty eight in
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:13 pm

TheGooch wrote:
isnt that the idea?

Nobody has EVER told me I look my age, most don't even come close. Maybe since my beard is grown out it changes my appearance. But hey, at least SOMEBODY thinks it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:16 pm

na you dont look 19
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:52 pm

24 I'd say...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:34 pm

in the state i live, they are required to card EVERYONE. including those with gray hair or those with more liverspots than hair. it's the law.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
in the state i live, they are required to card EVERYONE. including those with gray hair or those with more liverspots than hair. it's the law.

Here, your supposed to ID anyone who looks younger than 27, but usually if you look older than 18, they don't card you for tobacco.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 pm

In Texas there's this little sign everywhere where it says "If you're fortunate enough to look 21 years old please don't take offense if we ask to see your ID" (close paraphrase)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:57 pm

My wife is 34 (she's going to kill me for telling everybody her age, haha) and she still gets carded at the liquor store. She takes it as a compliment.

On the other hand, she gets offended if the cashier at the supermarket calls her "ma'am."

Women....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:23 am

These days kids are looking older than they really are so i would say anywhere between 18 to 25 by looking at the pic.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:56 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
In Texas there's this little sign everywhere where it says "If you're fortunate enough to look 21 years old please don't take offense if we ask to see your ID" (close paraphrase)

Must be only certain parts because I've never seen it and I've been a Texan all my life.
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:01 am

DB, you're always telling us how you have no friends.

why not. Are you shy? You seem like a nice enough guy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:11 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
DB, you're always telling us how you have no friends.

why not. Are you shy? You seem like a nice enough guy.

I am shy and the friends that I've made throughout the years initiated the friendship. For the last five years I had one friend Erik, and some others that I met through him. After he got diagnosed with CHF (congestive heart failure) he fell away from most of his friends (his "firends" kind of pushed him away) and over a year ago Erik passed away. The last of his friends slowly stopped keeping in contact with me and they are all gone now. I am starting to make quite a few friends from church, but due to me working two part time jobs, one afternoon/evening and one overnight, I don't have much socializing time (a void filled by this discussion board). Once I pay off my debts that will change dramatically.
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Most of us don't have 3 million freinds, bro. I have a bunch of people I know, and a few friends who i talk to a few times a week.

You shouldn't stress it so much.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Old enough to sell beer to without ID.
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Over the almost 8 years of living in this swamp named Florida, I have made 0 friends but I don't care. Its pretty much because I don't want them. The voices in my head keep me company.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Most of us don't have 3 million freinds, bro. I have a bunch of people I know, and a few friends who i talk to a few times a week.

I don't really stress it much because, as I said, my social life will pick up once I get my feet on the ground. The only thing I stress about as far as relationships go is a girlfriend becaue I don't know how to talk to attractive women and the attractive women I know/work with have somebody. However, I pray and am confident God will send me someone so I try not to think about it too much.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:25 pm

my age is not real as you can see on left side of Profile menu, that's all
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:04 pm

I can relate - I've always looked younger than I am - when I was 28, people thought I was 19
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:14 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I don't really stress it much because, as I said, my social life will pick up once I get my feet on the ground. The only thing I stress about as far as relationships go is a girlfriend becaue I don't know how to talk to attractive women and the attractive women I know/work with have somebody. However, I pray and am confident God will send me someone so I try not to think about it too much.

That's me too, bro. Can't approach women for nuthin'.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:50 pm

Quote :
Over the almost 8 years of living in this swamp
named Florida, I have made 0 friends but I don't care. Its pretty much
because I don't want them. The voices in my head keep me company.

We've lived in Abilene 8 1/2 years and this is our nearly exact story. It's somewhat difficult to make new, strong friends in a new place as an adult. I've got work "buddies"...some of whom which I play ball with and do occassional things...but no true friends.

I've got my family and with this place and the CMR as my social outlet...that's all I need. I don't think I could be a happier more contented person at this point in my life. Life's good!

DallasBlack....I hope and pray you're able to find some sense of peace in this regard. cool
Back to top Go down

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:35 pm

Quote :
Over the almost 8 years of living in this swamp
named Florida, I have made 0 friends but I don't care. Its pretty much
because I don't want them. The voices in my head keep me company.

Dude, you live in the wrong part of Florida.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Old Am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Old Am I?   How Old Am I? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Old Am I?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: