Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.

Go down 
+2
TheGooch
krokus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:05 pm

http://www.imhotep.no/?did=9072783
Strange to see that many musicians play one type of music but then listen to something totaly different.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:16 pm

i thought they would all listen to country and western or something like that but no
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:26 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i thought they would all listen to country and western or something like that but no

No, its not that bad lol! but still its strange to see some of those top 5 lists, at least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:27 pm

I think it's cool when musicians reflect variety in their playlists. This is a sign of intelligence.

Also, it's cool that Bobby Elsworth's favorite album of the year is the new Shadows Fall. That guy has taste. Great album there.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:46 pm

some interesting choices made by people i would have thought otherwise.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am

What is this? -

- Clutch - From Beale Street To Oblivion
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:56 am

[quote="blackieboy"]I think it's cool when musicians reflect variety in their playlists. This is a sign of intelligence.

Also, it's cool that Bobby Elsworth's favorite album of the year is the new Shadows Fall. That guy has taste. Great album there.[/quote

Sign of INTELLIGENCE??? or a sign of not being true to our movement??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:41 am

[quote="blackieboy"]I think it's cool when musicians reflect variety in their playlists. This is a sign of intelligence.quote]

While I think it's cool to listen to other forms of music, in no way does it make anybody more intelligent.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:28 am

Some good stuff on that list. I'm not surprised by Blitz choice of
Shadows Fall. Their new CD is heavy and quite good. I also know that he
is a fan of some metalcore stuff. He has said in recent interviews how
much he likes Lamb of God, which only makes sense since their singer
makes a guest appearance on the new Overkill.

Lots of good CDs on that list. Many of them will make my list. I was glad to see someone like U.D.O. and Ted Nugent. 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:33 am

... and Dimmu Borgir on Halford's list? Smile))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 am

i don't give a fak about musician's lists... prejudiced, marketing crap...although i'll take a look on that list just to know what to avoid...(not that there was any chance to buy actually anything from there....i don't need any now trendy post rocker ex "metaller" to tell me what to buy....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:05 pm

Dan Swano's list is the best. Alter Bridge, Daughtry, and Yellowcard. Haha. This is a dude that's been in some of the most brutal death metal bands out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:06 pm

sovdat wrote:
What is this? -

surprised

It's their latest album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:08 pm

syrus wrote:
i don't give a fak about musician's lists... prejudiced, marketing crap...although i'll take a look on that list just to know what to avoid...(not that there was any chance to buy actually anything from there....i don't need any now trendy post rocker ex "metaller" to tell me what to buy....)
Pardom me, but this reply seems quite prejudiced itself. It's also completely inaccurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
syrus wrote:
Pardom me, but this reply seems quite prejudiced itself. It's also completely inaccurate.

hehehe, pardom me but i never care for what these people listens to...probably what their labels get them to hear....next time i'll tell them to include cobain's bests of the year.....sure my reply was biased...it never intended to be " open minded".....
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:28 pm

sovdat wrote:
What is this? -

Probably the best hard rock/metal/rock n' roll album this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 12:39 am

syrus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
syrus wrote:
hehehe, pardom me but i never care for what these people listens to...probably what their labels get them to hear....next time i'll tell them to include cobain's bests of the year.....sure my reply was biased...it never intended to be " open minded".....
Yeah, I'm sure Black Mark suggested Dan Swano say he likes the Americal Idol finalist's CD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.   Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 of 2007 for many musicians LIST.
Page 1 of 1