Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becoming the Archetype

Go down 
+6
candlemass
DallasBlack
mc666
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Becoming the Archetype Empty
PostSubject: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:42 am

These guys seem to be one of the hot bands of the moment. Is any else into this band?

I had heard the entire Terminate Damnation album when they had it available to stream. I had read that the album title was in dedication to Mortification, so I was very interested in hearing these guys. However, they didn't really appeal to me. Too much "core" I suppose and I didn't really care much for the vocals. I recently was given a sealed copy of this CD. I may give it another chance.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:08 am

In order by Favorite:

Terminate Damnation is friggin' AWESOME! Great progressive and melodic death metal. Every time I listen to that CD I feel like I'm going on a journey! Very somber, dark, then encouraging and exciting all at once. Lots of fills, Elegy has a really cool piano solo in it. And they also have really good acoustic instrumental, one of the best I've heard actually. I think it's an extremely technical and well thought out album.

Physics of Fire is the latest, I really like that one too, but TD is just one of the most awesome things I've listen too in over a decade. This one is also very melodic and progressive, with a bit more metalcore popping in.

The Remnant was their first, I have it, its good but there first full length, and Its pretty much metalcore. Not deep or technical at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 am

I LOVE them! I sometimes get lost in the genres....I literally have no idea what makes a certain band what sometimes...and that's how I feel about BTA. What I do know is that whatever they do it's incredible. They seem to mix a lot of things together and blend them beautifully.....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:40 am

You can listen to the entire Terminate Damnation CD here:
http://www.solidstaterecords.com/becomingthearchetype/ecard/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:49 am

I had some interest in them a while back. Then someone told me they were metalcore and I lost interest. Perhaps I'll give them a listen.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:51 am

Start with Terminate Damnation......
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:01 am

EXACTUALLY!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:03 am

KK

🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:05 am

they do what they do well, but nothing grabs me.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:10 am

COME'ERE, I'm gonna grab you! :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:12 am

T-Roy wrote:
not till you do something about those cold hands mister :defleppard:

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:14 am

...walked right into that one!!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:19 am

I like them for what they are, however, it doesn't hold my intrest for too long. I need to give them another chance.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:43 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I like them for what they are, however, it doesn't hold my intrest for too long. I need to give them another chance.

Well they're in a process now, perhaps when they finally become the Archetype, they will have arrived!

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:00 am

lol! YEAH, BETTER HURRY!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:17 am

mc666 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
not till you do something about those cold hands mister :defleppard:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:40 am

I dig 'em alot. I thought I wouldn't but they are very good at what they do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:52 pm

Gave this album another spin today. Not as bad as I remembered it. Some of it is quite good. Gets a bit bogged down in the middle with all the somber instrumental stuff. The piano passage at the end of Elegy is a bit boring, which is in turn followed up by a four minute acoustic guitar solo. None of it is bad, but man, it just seems to really drag from about the middle of Elegy until things pick up again with Epigone.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:53 pm

"JUST KEEP SPINNING....JUST KEEP SPINNING......JUST KEEP SPINNING"!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 pm

i am aware o fhtem but they sound to me like just another american band trying to copy in flames or at the gates or carcass or something like that

dont really care for the gothenburg sound
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:13 pm

I can clearly hear black metal, death metal, some thrash metal, heavy metal, and progresive influences, in voice and instrumental. To many styles mixed in one record for me. I prefer pure BLACK METAL bands, or pure THRASH METAL bands for exemple.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:02 pm

i much prefer Scar Symmetry to this band. Gave the cd a spin a few times i just prefer solid vocals over the core vocals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:09 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
i much prefer Scar Symmetry to this band. Gave the cd a spin a few times i just prefer solid vocals over the core vocals.

That is my main beef with BTA, the vocals get monotonose and old after a while, they improved that with Phsyics Of Fire using some clean vocals (but not much).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm

i cant stand hardcore vocals. sounds like someone being sick most of the time
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:48 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i cant stand hardcore vocals. sounds like someone being sick most of the time

I dont really mind the Hardcore vocals as much as the MetalCore. Hardcore vocals have a lot of energy in them which i can somewhat tolerate MetalCore has nothing but nonsense and growling kind of sounds hoarse lol.

Whats sad is these band would be so much better if they went out and found a solid singer, thats just my opinion..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming the Archetype   Becoming the Archetype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Becoming the Archetype
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: