Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newsted- Heavy Metal Music

Go down 
+17
journeyman
tohostudios
MetalRob331
corplhicks
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
BillRoxx
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
mc666
MoonChild
ElectricEye93
mlotek
DevZor
ultmetal
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Empty
PostSubject: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm

According to Amazon, Newsted has a full length CD coming out 8/6, called "Heavy Metal Music".

What happened to the thing where he was going to release a series of EPs?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:30 pm

We are aware:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19096-newsted-new-jason-newsted-band-project?highlight=newsted
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
We are aware:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19096-newsted-new-jason-newsted-band-project?highlight=newsted

Ha...I followed that thread through to the February posts.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:37 pm

But yeah I am still curious why he abandoned the EP thing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 am

Might be due to getting on the Gigantour bill. A full length album can sell for more money than an EP and he's sure to gain some new fans from that tour.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:52 am

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 pm

bummed out. That Gigantour has not much I want to see (as always) and costs too much just for Megadeth and Newsted.
I will wait for bootlegs or an official concert dvd as they will cost far, far less than attending.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 am

I'll be catching gigantour next week. Between 'Deth, BLS, and Newsted there is enough on the bill that interests me to go. I've never heard device, but I like disturbed well enough that catching Draiman is mildly interesting. (There is also the possibility of 'Deth playing dance in the rain with the Draiman cameo intact)

I'm really lookin forward to seeing Jason tear it up though. I love the direction he took with the newsted project.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 am

In case anyone's interested Jason as the the whole thing streaming on Youtube now:

To be honest it all sounds a little mediocre to me. The band has a cool sound going but the songwriting is just weak.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

I just happened to listen to this today, and in all earnest I will have to say I liked what I heard! Good music definitely!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 pm

I still haven't gotten this yet. Everything I've listened to sounds like a modernize Motorhead. Got to get this soon.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 am

mc666 wrote:
I still haven't gotten this yet. Everything I've listened to sounds like a modernize Motorhead. Got to get this soon.
I recommend it. It's a very good album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Hmmm, interesting...

Certainly a different vocal approach to this song, but not bad. Dave doesn't play bar for bar regarding the lead work, but that's okay, as he might be playing much of what he laid down years ago for the solos. I might have to go back and listen to some old demos of this song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I recommend it. It's a very good album.
I hear Motorhead, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and perhaps more modern comparisons to Black Label Society. There is one song in particular that has a big Motorhead influence, Soldierhead.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Just picked this one up tonight at Walmart for a whopping 9 bucks Smile Looking forward to spinning it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Picked up the Heavy Metal Music CD at Walmart today. Only given it one spin so far but I'm likin' what I hear.

Sucks that it's in a digipak though. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:41 pm

I downloaded the Metal EP from Itunes a little less than a week ago. I find it ok, nice and heavy with lots of Motorhead sounding riffs and singing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Picked up the Heavy Metal Music CD at Walmart today. Only given it one spin so far but I'm likin' what I hear.

Sucks that it's in a digipak though. Sad
My digipack jacket is already beat up and all I've done is store the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 am

Quote :
My digipack jacket is already beat up and all I've done is store the damn thing.
Yeah, mine probably will be before long too.

...but at least the artwork was designed to look "aged" around the corners & folds anyway, so when it does start getting beat up, it won't be as noticeable. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 am

I'm still diggin' this CD. It really hasn't left my car CD player since I purchased it and has been on regular rotation.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:35 pm

I think it's brilliant, kind of went under the radar this year as no one really talks about (I don't just mean here on HOM). It's a headbanger of an album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 pm

OK, so I've been listening to this album a bunch today and it's been drivin' me nuts trying to think of who Jason's vocals remind me of. I've been hearing a lot of Lemmy comparisons but that's not quite "it." Finally a little while ago it hits me... his vox kinda sound like Jeff Waters from Annihilator, who used that same kinda gritty croak on the Refresh the Demon and King of the Kill records (see: "The Box," "Pastor of Disaster," etc.)

Anybody else hear the resemblance, or do I just need to get out of the house more often? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, so I've been listening to this album a bunch today and it's been drivin' me nuts trying to think of who Jason's vocals remind me of. I've been hearing a lot of Lemmy comparisons but that's not quite "it." Finally a little while ago it hits me... his vox kinda sound like Jeff Waters from Annihilator, who used that same kinda gritty croak on the Refresh the Demon and King of the Kill records (see: "The Box," "Pastor of Disaster," etc.)

Anybody else hear the resemblance, or do I just need to get out of the house more often? Very Happy
Woah. I never thought about that before. That's a great comparison.

But you do need to get outside more often. It's a beautiful day. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:27 pm

I would go outside, but it's raining here. :-(

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsted- Heavy Metal Music   Newsted- Heavy Metal Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsted- Heavy Metal Music
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next