Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some kind of jazzy creation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Some kind of jazzy creation Empty
PostSubject: Jazz - or southern blues rock, you decide! - creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:23 pm

You know, sometimes it's actually quite hard figuring out which forum is appropriate for what - maybe this belongs in Rock N' Roll, I just don't know.

Anyway, I recently discovered my laptop has a built in microphone, and it doesn't actually record all that badly. So I decided to have a bit of a mess around and ended up recording a sort of jazzy improv thing. It's quite rough around the edges, and because I'm not really the best musician ever, the solos could be more exciting... ignore the occasional out of key note ;P There may also be the odd little timing issue due to the program I was using to record. Still, I like how it turned out and so I thought I would share it with you musical scholars. Comments and critique welcome.

EDIT: Link fixed; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WVC7UNXK

Last edited by on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 am

yeah it redirects to this board. i would love to hear it though.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:38 am

How incredibly strange. It should work now, though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 pm

I DIG IT DUDE! It's a little jazzy, but it's definately some southern blues rock! VERY COOL!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:11 pm

Southern blues rock, eh? I can dig it. Cheers for the kind words, T-Roy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:34 pm

Kind of in the spirit of George Thorogood and The Destroyers. A personal favorite of mine!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:02 am

as i listen, I agree with T-Roy, its not really jazzy at all. I can see the southern blues rock. Pretty good all in all though! I like the lead riff at about 1:30 a lot.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:11 am

The bit at 1:30 is my favourite too. Harmonies are fun, kids. I still don't entirely see the southern blues rock, the rhythm at the very least somewhere between jazz / latin. Although, the chord progression is pretty bluesy, now that I think about it. And my leads are generally quite bluesy at points. I guess it's a bit of a musical mess, haha.

Anyway, cheers for the feedback.

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of jazzy creation   Some kind of jazzy creation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some kind of jazzy creation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: