Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rarity Check

Go down 
+8
sovdat
Mglaffas81
mc666
Thrasher73
stormspell
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rarity Check - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If you see a funky green looking vinyl copy of Ride the Lightning for $34, pick it up for me. I'll give you a coupla extra bucks for the effort.
Why, is that rare or something?

Nope. Not at all. Hardly worth the $34. I'm just a huge fan of funky green album covers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If you see a funky green looking vinyl copy of Ride the Lightning for $34, pick it up for me. I'll give you a coupla extra bucks for the effort.

Nope. Not at all. Hardly worth the $34. I'm just a huge fan of funky green album covers.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

You evil Fatherless smurfs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

You evil Fatherless smurfs.
I can try and score you a copy, too. It can't be that hard to find.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:30 pm

by the way I checked in the store that I go to and he has the Forbidden for $15 as well. Where else do you get cds from besides lala.com? I tried looking on there and never found anything. I went to the other one you get stuff from too swapacd but didnt find anything there either. Am I looking for things too difficult, people want to keep them or do they just suck that bad that no one bought them lol....
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:15 am

Man, all you US people could buy few CDs off your $2 bins for all the European members of this board. After all it's Christmas time Smile I mean, new CDs cost around $25 here, and used $15!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:51 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I hear there's one in Santa Barbara. I'm not sure which state.

haha, very funny!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's pretty easy to find, I just sold one to a guy in Denmark a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
by the way I checked in the store that I go to and he has the Forbidden for $15 as well. Where else do you get cds from besides lala.com? I tried looking on there and never found anything. I went to the other one you get stuff from too swapacd but didnt find anything there either. Am I looking for things too difficult, people want to keep them or do they just suck that bad that no one bought them lol....
What do you mean by you couldn't find them? SwapaCD is a little different where the default results are a little wonky. You have to change the drop-down box to All CDs, then it'll show more. Lala has a lot as well. But you need patience there. Just create want lists...and wait.

The other places are just used shops, Goodwill stores, Amvets, Salvation Army, garage sales, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:17 pm

sovdat wrote:
Man, all you US people could buy few CDs off your $2 bins for all the European members of this board. After all it's Christmas time Smile I mean, new CDs cost around $25 here, and used $15!
I will buy any of you cheap CDs that I can find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:24 am

I changed the subject of this one, since this question is sort of similar. While I was out tonight I picked up a CD called Attack Of The Neon Shark by Alex Masi. I figured it was a virtuoso guitar wankathon thing. That's what it looks like anyway. And I recognized the name. Anyway, it was $3.99, so I grabbed it. I get it home, open it up, and the sticky metal security thing is on part of the tray and the CD itself. Can you guess what happened next?

Rarity Check - Page 2 Whatthecrap

Yep. Took the reflective layer right off. Surprisingly, that only affects the last track. And it is a wankathon, aside from the first track, which has vocals and is really good. I'm just wondering if this is rare at all. It's requested at lala and swapacd, and the CD versions seems scarce on eBay. Who the hell would put a security tab on it like that? What a turd!

Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:48 am

nothing is rare from alex masi, expect "tales from the north" cd(1995). and his first ep, made in italy(1984), with the band dark lord(released recently on a dcd, i think, with all the stuff from dark lord). and attack of the neon shark is a great cd by a real virtuoso of our times. if someone is not into instrumental stuff, there's nothing wrong with that. but he may want to check tales from the north, the watcher and eternal struggle which are not instumental releases. great european hard rock . of course there's also downtown dreamer with dave fefolt (valhalla/hawk/forty thieves/forgotten realms) but not as good as the others....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:11 am

I'd take it back to the goofs who put that on the CD and demand my 397 cents!! I hate it when people do things like that. I just don't think they think it through...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks, guys. I didn't think it was too rare, but it does seem to sell for $20 or more. I will return it. They have a NO REFUND policy on used items, so we'll see how they react. It's odd because usually at Newbury Comics they slide the security strip into the booklet, they don't actually stick it on something.

Oh well, the song with the vocals is excellent. Too bad the rest of the album isn't like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity Check   Rarity Check - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity Check
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2