Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...

Go down 
+4
mc666
jstate
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 am

not enough can be said about ness... LOVE social distortion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Quote :
Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
I
gotta say, I won't go into detail here since it's not the right thread,
but Mike Ness (Social Distortion) was hands down the greatest
experience I've ever had when meeting someone. A really awesome guy.
And he did a great thing for a friend of mine.

Quote :
officially jealous.

ditto - and nice way to rub it in there, K! Bu I got to meet the guys in the Dayglo Abortions. Can you say that? Didn't think so (My jealousy is coming out sideways). That is one of Auntie Saxon's fav bands, too. So the whole Saxon Family is green right now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Steven Tyler was cool, and yes, I am jealous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:57 pm

I can't say I've had a really bad experience meeting anyone in a well known band......I can say the funniest experience I ever had happened years ago when me and my now husband went to a local club (the Mirage) to see Great White and after a quite a few drinks we go outside to see the band come out of the tour bus to the club and we just happened to be right outside the door when Jack Russell comes flying out and kisses my husband on the cheek and shakes my hand. It was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:08 pm

hmmm...

MARILYN MANSON- very chatty and cool...and round about the fifth and sixth shows...he actually seemed to recognize the missus and I...

DANZIG- a**hole

DAVID EUGENE EDWARDS (16 HORSEPOWER)- so very very cool!!

ALLAN AQUIRRE (Scaterd Few)- long story involved but let's say not as cool as I'd hoped

JOAN JETT- very nice....this was years and years ago

KING'S X- Dug is the nicest guy ever...this was in 1989...

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Well, I've only ever really had two bad experiences. # 1 is Raymond Herrera from Fear Factory. We were hanging around outside the show (actually went to see them) and the band (minus him) was just hanging around outside the bus chatting with us, real cool guys, they all signed my jacket, he didn't make an effort at conversation at all, went back on the bus and totally blew me and my buds off. I snagged his signature before they went on stage, but got the evil eye when he did it haha. # 2 is Gene Simmons, complete and total asshole, enough said. To make a long story short, he totally blew us off, and wouldn't sign the album because it wasn't an "Offical" signing (no pay no way I guess). However, Ace was pretty cool when I met him, albeit pretty wasted though. Vinnie Vincent is one of the nicest guys I've ever come across, Dana and Mark were pretty nice as well, I never did meet Bobby Rock however. Obituary I partied with one their bus on several different tours. The completely love country music btw, it was playing on the bus most of the time. Napalm Death were cool as well. Nuclear Assault were awesome, mainly Dan Lilker, hung out with him for a bit. King Diamond is a great guy, as is Paul Di'Anno, and Dave Mustaine (suprisingly). I've met a few others but those jump directly to mind. Oh yeah, and two more, Rat Skates was great, and so are Impaler, I still get christmas cards from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 12:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
I just remembered another one. I've met Stryper several times. I am a big 'ol cheesy Stryper fan. The first time I met them was when Ultimatum opened for them at the Stryper Expo in California. They were all relatively nice, but Oz Fox came off as a prick. However, I have met them several times since then and he's been much nicer, so maybe he was just having a bad day or something. I think I've met Oz some 10-15 times over the years. I ran into him again when Ultimatum was playing Cornerstone California this past Sept. He was cool again and signed my vinyl copy of "Reborn" and took a photo with me.
perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 L_155c02ba6f6b426a65b4f3590677c5d0

You freaked me out with the prick comment. Oz is one of the coolest people I've ever met, rock star or not. Nice to see he made it up to you. What a genuine dude, imo.

Mark Slaughter was cool to me as well.

i saw all the guys in Stryper sign like 20 things for some guy, right after a 2 hour show and an hour long meet and greet.

Joey Demaio is the biggest jerk, hands down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:27 am

Shiney wrote:
DANZIG- a**hole

Care to explain? I've met him several times and he was always very nice and friendly to me. Though the last time I went to see Danzig I waited in the cold, snow and ice of February in Ohio and waited around to get an autograph as usual and after an hour was told he was not coming out but would sign anything you gave to the tour manager. It was kind of disappointing but I did get my black aria and Lucifuge long boxes signed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:56 am

ive always had bad experiences with fear factory... when i was writing for a college paper, i had set up an interview with them... had to travel pretty far... waited hours after the scheduled time... and they totally blew me off. never gave me the interview.
i called roadrunner, pissed! they set up another interview. this time at ozzfest with several other bands.
system of a down was great!
slipknot was great!
deftones great...
godsmack great....
fear factory?

...blew me off AGAIN!

**** those guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:41 pm

Quote :
Impaler, I still get christmas cards from them.

You're in the Gore Corps too? I like you more and more every day!! Check out the thread:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/happy-holidays-from-impaler-t3222.htm

And bringing up Rat Skates - this is a "perception". The first time they rolled through Minneapolis (Feel the Fire), one of my best friends (I won't name her, but she was married to Jack Russell for a few years) got on thier tour bus. Rat Skates was completely wasted and got very aggressive. A tick short of "rape", but only because DD came in and punched out that scumbag, Rat, and she flew off the bus. So I have mixed perceptions about Overkill. I guess there are plenty of reasons Rat Skates did not last in that band. The guy is the worst kind of douche, in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
[the worst kind of douche...
...Made from a mixture of gasoline and sand. Betcha that would feel great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Quote :
one of my best friends (I won't name her, but she was married to Jack Russell for a few years)

he was way cool when i met him? What did you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:27 pm

Jack Russell? Never met him. They lived in Redondo Beach at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...   perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

perception is reality? bad experiences meeting bands...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2