Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 Decembre 1980...

Go down 
+3
Shiney
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
7 posters
AuthorMessage

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:54 am

Quote :
The Lennons spent several hours at the studio on West 54th Street before returning to the Dakota at about 10:50 p.m. Lennon decided to forego getting something to eat so he could say goodnight to his five-year-old Sean before he went to sleep.They exited their limousine on 72nd Street, even though the car could have been driven into the more secure courtyard. Jose Perdomo (the doorman at the entrance), and a cab driver saw Chapman standing in the shadows by the archway. Ono walked in first. Lennon followed and, noticing the strange man still standing in front of the building, began walking faster. Chapman called out, "Mr. Lennon!" As Lennon turned around, Chapman dropped into a "combat stance'' and shot at Lennon five times with hollow point bullets from a Charter Arms .38 Revolver. One shot missed, passing over Lennon's head and hitting a window of the Dakota building. Two shots struck Lennon in the left side of his back and two more in his left shoulder. All four wounds caused serious internal damage, and at least one of them fatally pierced Lennon's aorta. Lennon staggered up four steps to the security/reception area, said, "I'm shot," and collapsed. Concierge Jay Hastings first thought it was a joke, but soon realized that Lennon was dying before his eyes. He summoned police by hitting a silent alarm button and ran out from behind his desk to comfort Lennon and try to keep him focused. Chapman calmly sat down on the sidewalk and waited for the police to arrive. Doorman Pedermo shouted at Chapman, "Do you know what you've done?" before kicking the revolver across the sidewalk. Chapman calmly replied, "I just shot John Lennon."

Chapman is still in jail after 27 years...Let's remember John Lennon...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Quote :
The Lennons spent several hours at the studio on West 54th Street before returning to the Dakota at about 10:50 p.m. Lennon decided to forego getting something to eat so he could say goodnight to his five-year-old Sean before he went to sleep.They exited their limousine on 72nd Street, even though the car could have been driven into the more secure courtyard. Jose Perdomo (the doorman at the entrance), and a cab driver saw Chapman standing in the shadows by the archway. Ono walked in first. Lennon followed and, noticing the strange man still standing in front of the building, began walking faster. Chapman called out, "Mr. Lennon!" As Lennon turned around, Chapman dropped into a "combat stance'' and shot at Lennon five times with hollow point bullets from a Charter Arms .38 Revolver. One shot missed, passing over Lennon's head and hitting a window of the Dakota building. Two shots struck Lennon in the left side of his back and two more in his left shoulder. All four wounds caused serious internal damage, and at least one of them fatally pierced Lennon's aorta. Lennon staggered up four steps to the security/reception area, said, "I'm shot," and collapsed. Concierge Jay Hastings first thought it was a joke, but soon realized that Lennon was dying before his eyes. He summoned police by hitting a silent alarm button and ran out from behind his desk to comfort Lennon and try to keep him focused. Chapman calmly sat down on the sidewalk and waited for the police to arrive. Doorman Pedermo shouted at Chapman, "Do you know what you've done?" before kicking the revolver across the sidewalk. Chapman calmly replied, "I just shot John Lennon."

Chapman is still in jail after 27 years...Let's remember John Lennon...

Yes, Let's remember him. Though, I was never much of a beatles fan, John shall always be remembered.
Back to top Go down

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:11 am

John forever!!!
Back to top Go down

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:23 am

Everybody must listen to Imagine today!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:

Nice thought, but that probably ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:32 am

I'm not the biggest BEATLES or LENNON fan, but I do greatly admire his convition to an unattainable goal...As much as I am sure we would all relish world peace it will NEVER happen...at least not while we humans run the show.

Still it was tragic he was considered a joke for such goals he strove for and even more targic he was gunned down as he was.

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:32 pm

Has anyone seen A Hard Day's Night? John is hilarious in it!
Back to top Go down

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 pm

An overrated hippy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:

But a good overrated hippy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:58 pm

You guys hear about how Jon and Yoko just sat in bed for 2 weeks to advocate world peace? They were all like "Grow your hair". That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:06 pm

Quote :
But a good overrated hippy.

One of the few hippies I can tolerate.

Quote :

Done and done.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
You guys hear about how Jon and Yoko just sat in bed for 2 weeks to advocate world peace? They were all like "Grow your hair". That's pretty cool.

If you haven't already, check out the movie "The US vs. John Lennon". It's a doc about how the FBI was keeping tabs on "the overrrated hippy". It all seems so silly now to think that the government wasted so much money and efforts just bust his stones.
Back to top Go down

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:15 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Those naked pictures of Yoko suggest she did just that.

Frightening.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:21 pm

I remember when John Lennon was shot. My Mom (who was a huge Beatles fan) was inconsolable. She listened to nothing but her old Beatles records for about a week straight. I was only ten years old at the time so I didn't really know much about him or why it was such a big deal to my Mom (and many other people).

Nowadays I'm still not a huge Beatles fan but I respect their place in history and the huge influence they had on just about everything that followed. Some years ago I actually went to "Strawberry Fields" (a portion of Central Park in NYC dedicated to John's memory), where fans gather on the anniversary of his death every year, with a few friends, and it was actually a pretty emotional gathering for this dumb metal head.

That experience kinda made up for the time when I was in college and a few drunken friends and I got chased away from the front of the Dakota Building (the apartment building in NYC where John lived with Yoko, I believe Yoko still lives there) because we were hanging out in front screaming "YOOOOOO-KO! YOOOOOOO-KO!" over and over again at the tops of our lungs. We were pretty wasted and thought it was funny, I guess. The doorman who told us "get the f**k outta here before I call the f**kin cops" didn't seem to think so, however. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm

I'm a fan. I think I'll put on the JL Collection when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Gotta agree. It was sad though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 Decembre 1980... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Decembre 1980...   8 Decembre 1980... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 Decembre 1980...
Page 1 of 1