Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II

Go down 
+8
exact33
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Invader
iamrockerfun
mc666
kmorg
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:12 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
have to buy new TShirt GR-LoftF II cos i want to have signed shirt from all members of GR. hope i found it here in shop. cos i see it on web.

Can you please post the link?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 1197131652
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:48 pm

I like the new album. It almost has the same sound as the first one which is cool because most sequals dont sound like a continuation of the original. Example King Diamonds Abigail II its a great album but the original Abigail sounds 100 times better than II. One thing I did have a little problem with the new Gamma Ray is there was no guest appearances like the first one. Its still a pretty good album though. A lot better than the last few.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Can anyone tell my why this CD has a Parental Advisory Logo? I scanned through the lyrics and unless you call denying the existance of God explicit, there seems to be no reason for it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:32 pm

Mine doesn't have that sticker. Huh?

I like it so far....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Maybe it's just on some of the U.S. releases. It is not a sticker but an image imposed on the cover:
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Dsc01310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I like Gamma Ray better than Helloween. But why is Kai Hansen still referred to as a former member of Helloween? He hasn't been in that band for almost 20 years. I think Gamma Ray has had a much more impressive run of it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Huh, how 'bout that?

Yeah, mine was not a US release so that's the difference, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I like Gamma Ray better than Helloween. But why is Kai Hansen still referred to as a former member of Helloween?

Because record labels think people are stupid and need constant reminders.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:42 pm

I listened to it and I can say from first impression that I like it. Good quality power/speed metal (exactly as I thought it would be). However, I don't know if it would have made my top 20 list (again that is just upon first impression). I still prefer Helloween but that is because I've grown to appreciate Andy Deris' voice and have not had as much exposure to Kai (also I like the music better too but this is only the first full lenghth Gamma Ray disc I've had-the other being Blast From The Past).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 pm

It is an improvement for me over the last couple of GR cds. It is pretty catchy in spots and is a solid effort. I still the new Helloween is better since it is stronger from start to finish.. I think the biggest problem is when the named it liked they did the comparisons to original are inevitable and I really really like the original. Naming it as a sequel doesnt let this album stand on its own.

At least they managed not to pull another queensryche with mindcrime and then the horrid mindcrime 2 though...

Alex

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Can anyone tell my why this CD has a Parental Advisory Logo? I scanned through the lyrics and unless you call denying the existance of God explicit, there seems to be no reason for it.

I received a copy yesterday. It has that stupid Parental Advisory on the front of it as well. I guess since it's "heavy metal" it must mean it has "bad" lyrics. Mad

Listening to this CD now. Sounds really good.

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2