Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II

Go down 
+8
exact33
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Invader
iamrockerfun
mc666
kmorg
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 1:50 pm

Strange that noone have talked about this one yet? Anyone have it? Thoughts?

I like it, but it took a whiloe to get into it. I also don't see why Kai seems to be hellbent to "steal' from other bands, and himself, after so many years in the business.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 1:52 pm

i think it's alot better than Majestic. doesn't compare to LOTF though.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:05 pm

SUX !
i don't like it.
Kai said that he returned to 80s line and that's it.
Maiden style etc.

just Into the Storm are played on tour.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:22 pm

It's good, but far away from their best albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Haven't heard it yet. I'm still hoping to see it in a record store around here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Is it even out in the US yet? I thought it wasn't coming out here till January of 08

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Well...I liked Majestic and I'll buy this one w/out even sampling it. Look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Is it even out in the US yet? I thought it wasn't coming out here till January of 08

Correct, us Americans have to wait at least another month.
angry
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Correct, us Americans have to wait at least another month.
angry
Oh? I didn't even realize it had a US release date.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:45 pm

you gonna be probably disapointed.
not so good as last albums.
clear return and Maiden inspiration.
don't expect so much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:37 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
you gonna be probably disapointed.
not so good as last albums.
clear return and Maiden inspiration.
don't expect so much.

Actually that doesn't surprise me much cuz it seems to me that Kai has been spinning his wheels since POWERPLANT anyway. I've liked each subsequent G.R. release a little less than the one before it.

But even sub-par Gamma Ray is a hella lot better than a lotta bands on their best day, so I'll take it!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm

To be honest, I've always liked Gamma Ray, but I've never heard anything special. Typical power metal, nothing more. Very good, of course, but I can't imagine this new album is going to change my opinion. I've heard a few songs from it and it sounds really good.

By the way, favorite song: "Short As Hell."

That seems to piss people off. Everyone seems to hate this song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:58 am

How do you like that song? Short as Hell is just a mediocre track. The best Gamma Ray song is Anywhere in the Galaxy!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:36 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
The best Gamma Ray song is Anywhere in the Galaxy!
pffft... i prefer Beyond The Black Hole.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I like Lust for life Smile

Alex

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:35 pm

How do you like that song? Short as Hell is just a mediocre track. The best Gamma Ray song is Anywhere in the Galaxy!

1000% agree with you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:56 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
1000% agree with you. Twisted Evil
How can people not? That riff is awesome! It reminds me of early Metallica with Mustaine on vocals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:25 pm

I've only heard a small amount of Gamma Ray (I have Blast From The Past), but my favorite song is Heaven Can Wait (Lust For Life second).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:31 am

I haven't heard much Gamma Ray but would love to hear more. Any idea of a good place to start when it comes to buying an album?

I have seen this one listed as being out Jan 15, should I just but that one and go from there?
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:13 am

firestar wrote:
I haven't heard much Gamma Ray but would love to hear more. Any idea of a good place to start when it comes to buying an album?

I have seen this one listed as being out Jan 15, should I just but that one and go from there?

land of the free 1 is probably their best
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:16 am

firestar wrote:

Somewhere Out In Space

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:19 am

kmorg wrote:
firestar wrote:

Somewhere Out In Space
agreed! 🤘

Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:51 am

I liked No World Order the best. Kai slowed it down a bit more on that one. I like a speedy song or two, but it starts to sound generic when nearly all of them are speedy. LOTF, SOIS, and Powerplant are all good albums, though. I went through a "Gamma Ray phase" and am now over it. There's just too many other bands I like better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:18 am

As much as I love power metal, Gamma Ray never really did anything for me. There are just so many other bands out there that are way better IMO. I doubt I'll pick this one up. I got "Majestic" and that just didn't impress me at all.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am

have to buy new TShirt GR-LoftF II cos i want to have signed shirt from all members of GR. hope i found it here in shop. cos i see it on web.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II   Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next