Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

...Was this a good move?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

...Was this a good move? Empty
PostSubject: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 am

A few months back, I was on holiday in America, touring the 'Frisco/LA area. One day, when I was strolling through Santa Barbara, I saw this little "Antique" shop, and I decided to have a look around. While I was looking, I noticed an old box, containing old, original vinyl records. So, I am looking through all these Elvis and Blondie records, when, towards the end, totally out-of-place, was an old, original recording of Exciters' "Heavy Metal Maniac" in near mint-condition. I do not know how rare or collectable it was, but I ended up buying it for 8 dollars... was this a smart move?

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 am

Well it is certainly not a bad move. I'm not sure that it is a super valuable record but certainly is not one you are going to find just anywhere.

The only one I found on ebay is buy it now of $20 so hope that helps some.
http://cgi.ebay.com/EXCITER-HEAVY-METAL-MANIAC-SHRAPNEL-RECORDS-1004-LP_W0QQitemZ150118537748QQihZ005QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:25 am

8 bucks ain't a bad price for a mint condition LP. Cheaper than it would've been if you bought it new back in the day anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:28 am

Sounds like a decent deal to me. Heavy Metal Maniac is a classic.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 12:24 pm

It's not out of print. I've seen it sold brand new at a couple of stores last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Required Fields wrote:
It's not out of print. I've seen it sold brand new at a couple of stores last year.
The vinyl?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:39 pm

OK, cool

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...Was this a good move?   ...Was this a good move? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...Was this a good move?
Page 1 of 1