Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore, Baby

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
mc666
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:43 pm

decapitate wrote:
hardcore - Black Flag, Minor Threat, Discharge, Angry Samoans, Rudimentary Peni, FEAR

crossover - DRI, The Accused, Hirax, Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags, Lawnmower Deth

old school punk - Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Damned, Sham 69, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Buzzcocks

Yeah, labels for for soup cans - but for what it's worth - I agree with Decapitate here. Hardcore in the 80s was a much different genre than it was in the 90s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:35 am

blackieboy wrote:
decapitate wrote:
hardcore - Black Flag, Minor Threat, Discharge, Angry Samoans, Rudimentary Peni, FEAR

crossover - DRI, The Accused, Hirax, Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags, Lawnmower Deth

old school punk - Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Damned, Sham 69, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Buzzcocks

Yeah, labels for for soup cans - but for what it's worth - I agree with Decapitate here. Hardcore in the 80s was a much different genre than it was in the 90s.
It was, but I didn't hear much difference between Minor Threat and the Sex Pistols.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It was, but I didn't hear much difference between Minor Threat and the Sex Pistols.

I do.

Minor Threat are much faster and the vocals are harshly shouted. Their songs are much shorter and generally not that catchy by comparison (not that that's a bad thing.) These songs came across much more aggressive and rebellious than anything Sex Pistols or the original wave of 70s punkers did.

Sex Pistols have more fully developed songs, with an almost pop-like quality to them. Sex Pistols didn't have shouted vocals. Johnny Rotten wasn't the best singer, and there was a bit of a snarl to his voice, but definitely nowhere near the harsher barks found in hardcore.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:03 pm

cmon... no vision of disorder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:29 pm

blackieboy, i love your sig. Ramones forever! Cool
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:31 am

Altar Boys
The Crucified (they destroyed!!!) 🤘 Ult was obsessed with them, really, it was embarrassing! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 am

Sacrifice wrote:
blackieboy, i love your sig. Ramones forever! Cool

Amen!

Ramones = Greatest. Band. EVER.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks guys! I've changed it now, but I just wanted to give Ramones a little praise. They deserve it! one of the best old school punk bands period!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Awwww, now you got rid of it already. Sad

Ramones > Pagan's Mind

(although Pagan's Mind are actually pretty good, they're just not the Ramones.) Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 pm

Hahaha! IMHO:

Pagan's Mind > everything and anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2