Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore, Baby

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
mc666
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:31 am

Metalcore is the hybrid of two genres of music. Metal and Hardcore. Now you know. But this thread is about hardcore.

Anyone else here dig 80's & 90's style hardcore? What are your favorites?

Some of my favorites:

All Out War (some say they created metalcore, who knows?)
Cro-Mags
Agnostic Front
Integrity
Earth Crisis
100 Demons
Hatebreed
Strife
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:40 am

absolutely...

you cannot mention hardcore without Cro-Mags & Agnostic Front, i also like Madball, Sick Of It All, Leeway, & of course Sheer Terror

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 am

I heard a Madball song once that I liked.....

Strongarm

Six Feet Deep
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:07 am

loves me some Hardcore
Madball
Death Before Dishonor
Hatebreed
D.R.I
Six Feet Deep
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:25 am

I really like the first FOCUSED CD. Second one didn't do much for me, but wasn't bad either. Good hardcore.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:00 am

I've heard and liked songs from Cro Mags and Sick Of It All, but no albums. Also NIV is pretty good, although not something I listen to on a regular basis. Most hardcore stuff I've liked in the past mixes metal in with Hardcore (not necessarily metalcore: i.e. Biohazard) so I won't mention any others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 am

Necros, particularly their conquest for death album, though most of their stuff before the oddball thrashy/glam album they did is really good.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I heard a Madball song once that I liked.....

Strongarm

Six Feet Deep
Right on! I love Strongarm and Six Feet Deep. There's some really killer Christian hardcore bands out there: Focused, The Blamed, No Innocent Victim, Sometime Sunday (not really hardcore, though), and many others.

Beside those bands, some of my favorites:

Agnostic Front
Black Flag
Strife
Earth Crisis (even the latter albums, especially Slither)
Judge
By The Grace Of God
Guilt
Path Of Resistance
Ringworm
Sam Black Church (one of the most original ever)
Integrity
Madball
A Perfect Murder
Blood For Blood
Ramallah (awesome new hardcore)
Doughnuts (all-female from Swedem, awesome stuff)
Snapcase (also one of the most original ever)
Purusam

And tons more, but I'm at work and the brain is shut off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Early Corrosion of Conformity (i.e. ANIMOSITY)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:44 am

Black Flag
FEAR
Void
Verbal Abuse
SSD
Siege
The Meatmen
Circle Jerks
Flipper
Minor Threat
Cro-Mags
Bad Brains
DRI
Extreme Noise Terror

Very Happy
MDC
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:47 am

THE ACCUSED
GORILLA BISCUITS
UNDERDOG
ANGRY SAMOANS

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Dead Kennedy's for me! I love their album fresh fruit for rotting vegetables.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Someone check out Ramallah:

http://www.myspace.com/ramallah

Listen to "Days Of Revenge." These guys have some typical-sounding hardcore songs, but they also have quite a few that go into some uncharted territory, I think. I love the use of the piano in these songs. Very cool.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:08 pm

I love 80s hardcore and crossover (metal mixed with 80s hardcore).

When the abrasive 90s hardcore is mixed with metal, that is where metalcore comes from. 80s hardcore and metal is where it's at for me.

My faves:

Crossover:

The Crucified
One Bad Pig
The Lead
Cro-Mags
Crumbsuckers
D.R.I.
Municipal Waste

80s Hardcore Punk:

Dead Kennedys
Black Flag
Nobody Special
The Dickies
Dead Milkmen
Lust Control
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:24 pm

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on the Dead Milkmen being punk hardcore. Haha. They're one of my favorite bands, but they're like folk punk. =)
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:18 am

HaHa! I love the Dead Milkmen! I have Big Lizard in my Backyard!!! That album is hilarious. lol I believe in swordfish! hahhaaa
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:26 am

I'm not really sure what to call them, but I love stuff like The Dead Milkmen, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Dag Nasty etc...

Dischord was one great label.

I have one cd by The Blamed. Very good!
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 3:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on the Dead Milkmen being punk hardcore. Haha. They're one of my favorite bands, but they're like folk punk. =)

Well, I can see where you're coming from, but they were always included in the same circles as Black Flag and Dead Kennedys. At least where I come from.

I guess really The Dickies were the same way. Not really 'hardcore', but punk and included with the 80s hardcore punk stuff.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Big fan of hardcore punk.

The Adicts
Adolescents
Agent Orange
Angry Samoans
Anti-Nowhere League
Bad Brains
Bad Religion
Black Flag
Chaos UK
Circle Jerks
Crass
Dead Kennedys
Discharge
The Exploited
FEAR
G.B.H.
Gang Green
Jerry's Kids
Legal Weapon
MDC
Minor Threat
Minutemen
Misfits
Peter and the Test Tube Babies
Plasmatics
Rudimentary Peni
Saccharine Trust
TSOL
Verbal Abuse
The Wipers
Youth of Today
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 pm

You got a great list Decapitate! I need more hardcore punk stuff in my collection. I have very little because I spend most of my 'cd money' on metal and synth/darkwave/industrial stuff. I think I'm gonna start getting more cds in this vein though. It's great music really.

Especially stuff like Ramones. Those guys are just awesome - no matter how you look at it.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:52 pm

I would consider very few of the above mentioned bands TRUE hardcore. The real hardcore are the Agnostic Front, Cro-mags, Warzone's of the world. Not to take away anything from anyone's opinion, but DK, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Minor Threat were old school punk. DRI, COC were crossover. Anything after that were all just imitators, anyways (although there has been a handfull of bands that kept it real over the years).
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 pm

My list is mostly true hardcore. =)

And the Ramones suck.
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:57 pm

hardcore - Black Flag, Minor Threat, Discharge, Angry Samoans, Rudimentary Peni, FEAR

crossover - DRI, The Accused, Hirax, Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags, Lawnmower Deth

old school punk - Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Damned, Sham 69, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Buzzcocks
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:45 pm

decapitate wrote:
hardcore - Black Flag, Minor Threat, Discharge, Angry Samoans, Rudimentary Peni, FEAR
I'd say they're hardcore punk (i.e. more punk than hardcore). But who cares! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
decapitate wrote:
I'd say they're hardcore punk (i.e. more punk than hardcore). But who cares! Laughing

For me 'hardcore' and 'hardcore punk' are interchangable terms. Like there really isn't a difference if one says 'punk' or 'punk rock.'

But, like you said, it's not really important. The labeling gets old after a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hardcore, Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore, Baby   Hardcore, Baby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore, Baby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next