Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narnia-Enter The Gate

Go down 
+6
Follower of Jesus
candlemass
exact33
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
DallasBlack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Narnia-Enter The Gate Empty
PostSubject: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 am

This is for the fans of Narnia. Narnia was the band that gave me hope for quality Christian power metal. While I never heard the debut, I have every other album. I feel that they have outdone themselves with the last album. Rivel's vocals have a lot more of an edge to it and the musicmanship and catchiness is top notch and as always, Grimmark's guitar work is awesome (one of the best guitarists in Christian metal, IMO). How does everyone else compare Enter The Gate with the other releases?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:09 am

Enter the Gate is fantastic! I was lucky to catch the band touring for this album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:10 am

I agree that every Narnia album is better than the last. Enter The Gate
is a fantastic album, although I have not listened to it as much as I
would like because I have to keep "borrowing" it from my son.

CJG's solo album "Grimmark" is also a great album. I like his vocals a bit over Rivel's actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:24 am

ultmetal wrote:
Enter the Gate is fantastic! I was lucky to catch the band touring for this album.

REALLY??? Were they here in Albuquerue? I had no idea.

I have every Narnia album there is - save for this new one. I like them all - and I also agree they get better and better with each new release.

For some reason I think I burnt myself out on them though - that's why I haven't picked up "Enter the Gate" yet. I will, but not sure when.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Enter the Gate is ok but I really like The Great Fall the most. I love the atmosphere and moods the album has and Eric Clayton is a great guest..

Alex

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:31 pm

exact33 wrote:
Enter the Gate is ok but I really like The Great Fall the most. I love the atmosphere and moods the album has and Eric Clayton is a great guest..

Alex

I concur, partialy, Enter the Gate is better then ok! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:23 pm

I can't stand Christian's vocals. CJ is a fantastic guitarist. However, now that Rob Rock's band is essentially Narnia without Christian, when I want some Narnia, I'll pop in Holy Hell or Garden of Chaos!

🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm with FOJ.....I want so badly to love Narnia but the vocals and all the slow or "wanking" songs just kill the overall vibe for me. If they would put out a greatest hits of just their more aggressive songs I'd love it.....
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:55 am

You guys are full of it! The slow songs add to the variety, as does Christian's vocals, this is what attracted me to them, not another "just add water" power metal band! angry
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:21 am

That being said...it seems that Divinefire fills this void. Christian's vocals are so much more aggressive with Divinefire.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:29 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That being said...it seems that Divinefire fills this void. Christian's vocals are so much more aggressive with Divinefire.

The music is much more aggressive, ergo, it calls for a an aggressive voacal approach, Narnia does not.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:38 am

OK? That doesn't increase my liking for Narnia.....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm not a fan of this band. I've tried to get into them. I haven't heard them in quite sometime so I should probably give 'em another chance.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:20 pm

I approach Narnia this way:

I used to be unhappy because I wanted them to release albums with nothing but barnburners on them since that is how i think they play best. I got that unsatisfied feeling after their first 3 and kinda lost interest. I picked up the Great Fall in a trade and was really surprised how much i liked it. If you can get past the fact they do not do many fast songs the music becomes more enjoyable. If you cant Narnia is really not your cup-o-tea..

Alex

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 pm

One of the reason's I like them is because they DON'T do many fast songs.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:03 am

For non-fans of Rivel's singing, try Grimmark. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
For non-fans of Rivel's singing, try Grimmark. 🤘
I will!
We have discussed this before, but I`ll say it again. I like Narnia ok, but Rivels vocals ruins it for me. The songs, fast or slow are top class.
I have the same problem with Lance King, so the next Pyramaze is an album I can`t wait to get my hands on 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:29 pm

You should like Grimmark, then. CJG is much smoother in his delivery. He's not a screamer by any means, but I think the vocals are pretty good. Much better than Christian Rivel, IMO.

I like Rivel's vocals much better on Enter The Gate, though. He seems to have better control and pushes his vocals more. I really liked his vocals on the live album as well.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:49 am

I have listened and been a fan of Narnia for a few years and was TRYING to hear them for a couple years before that. I LOVE Narnia's newest cd. It's my favorite of their's so far. I've gotta say that I hope their new cd coming out next year will be just as awesome. Very Happy

As for them having fast or slow songs...what? I think they have PLENTY of hard rockin songs. Not every song has to tear the roof off you know. It's called variety. lol!

Regardless, I love this band. One of my favorites. As for Christian's vocals, I like them. They're JUST in my range where I can belt it out and not worry about not being able to hit notes when I sing along. I actually PREFER bands where I can easily sing along with them. Like I LOVE Metal Church but their early albums are just too high range for me. Razz Along with Rob Rock...but then again that man is one of the BEST so I'm not too ticked that he's a better singer than I am. Laughing

I REALLY hope their new cd next year will continue to be just as great as Enter The Gate and all that. I REALLY enjoy this band a LOT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narnia-Enter The Gate   Narnia-Enter The Gate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narnia-Enter The Gate
Page 1 of 1