Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 6:55 pm

I'm an expert on finding cheap CDs, but I have yet to figure out where to find cheap DVDs. Ocassionally I'll find one in a used bin or online somewhere, but there's no consistency to it. EBay has a lot of people selling DVDs for very low prices, but they all have S&H costs of like $8.99, so I don't know who they're fooling, but it's not me! And they ship media mail. Pffft!

I've found some good prices at deepdiscount.com, but only on old, obscure movies. The newer movies don't seem to have any sort of deep discount; in fact they're often more expensive! So do any of you have any tips on where to buy DVDs on the cheap?

Anyone happen to have any of these, willing to trade or sell?

Amazing Grace
Angels & Insects
Elizabeth I (HBO Mini-Series)
Elizabeth I: The Virgin Queen
English Patient, The
Gilles’ Wife
Goya’s Ghost
Immortal Beloved
Last Legion, The
Man Who Cried, The
Mission, The
Nomad
Painted Veil, The
Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer
Portrait Of A Lady, The (1996)
Red Violin, The
Ridicule
Tristram Shandy: A Cock And Bull Story
Woodlanders, The
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 7:41 pm

Go to eBay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Go to eBay.
Please read before you reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:46 pm

I dont know if you have them in Mass, but Movie Stop is the best brick and mortar store to buy from. Its owned by the Game Stop people.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:47 pm

have you had any luck with Amazon? i buy tons of movies from various sellers there. i've found some great bargains there on both new releases & classics. big budget & b-movies. low shipping too.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:57 pm

I usually hit up my local Blockbuster when they're having one of their "4 for $20" deals on previously viewed DVDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:08 am

I've tried Amazon, but they have a lot of used rentals, and without being able to see those I'm wary of buying. I never thought about hitting up a real video rental store, though. I probably should have made that connection at some point, huh? Haha.

And I don't know if there are any Movie Stops up here. The name sounds familiar. I'll check that out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:13 am

http://www.swapadvd.com

I just signed up the other day and already have two DVDs on the way. These DVDs are supposed to be 100% original, with case and artwork (that's the blanket policy). I added 15 or so DVDs, got one free credit and purchased three more for $4.95 each. The two DVDs cost one credit each. So one was free, the other cost me $4.95. These DVDs are both DVDs I haven't been able to find for less than $15.99 elsewhere. Pretty sweet deal.

I'll hold back on my full opinion until the DVDs show up. Could be a good alternative. This may make me finally use SwapaCD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 am

Eyesore wrote:

I just signed up the other day and already have two DVDs on the way. These DVDs are supposed to be 100% original, with case and artwork (that's the blanket policy). I added 15 or so DVDs, got one free credit and purchased three more for $4.95 each. The two DVDs cost one credit each. So one was free, the other cost me $4.95. These DVDs are both DVDs I haven't been able to find for less than $15.99 elsewhere. Pretty sweet deal.

I'll hold back on my full opinion until the DVDs show up. Could be a good
alternative. This may make me finally use SwapaCD.

I use their sister site paperbackswap for books and it works great so I imagine that you will have a great time with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 am

firestar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'll hold back on my full opinion until the DVDs show up. Could be a good
alternative. This may make me finally use SwapaCD.
I use their sister site paperbackswap for books and it works great so I imagine that you will have a great time with it.
How does that one work? SwapaCD requires you to pay $0.49 per transaction, plus the S&H cost. That's not a lot, of course, and I've not actually used the service yet, but SwapaDVD is different. You don't pay that $0.49. It's all credit-based, as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:18 am

You just pay shipping with the books. You earn a credit for everyone you send out, use a credit for every book you get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:19 am

firestar wrote:
You just pay shipping with the books. You earn a credit for everyone you send out, use a credit for every book you get.
Huh...I wonder why they do it differently with the CD trading?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:02 am

If you want to buy credits, the credits for the books are cheaper than the cd/dvd credits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?   Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Find Cheap DVDs?
Page 1 of 1