Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!

Go down 
+6
mc666
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Empty
PostSubject: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:33 pm

I like to be surprised for Christmas but my wife said this year she doesn't know what to get me. She asked for a list....so I gave her this:

1) Vainglory - Vainglory

2) Pharaoh - The Longest Night

3) Hibria - Defying The Rules

4) Titanic - Full Steam Ahead

5) Ensiferum - Victory Songs

6) Pink Cream 69 - In10sity

7) Rebellion - Miklagard

8-) Wizard - Goochan

9) Tarot - Crows Fly Black

10) At Vance - VII

11) Bloodbound - Book Of The Dead

12) Iron Savior - Megatropolis

13) Axel Rudi Pell - Nasty Reputation

14) Dungeon - One Step Beyond

15) Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints

There are many others I want, of course, but I bundled these in three groups based on distros who have them and ease of her effort to get them. She's not "metal shopping savvy" so I had to write out the steps for her. The surprise will be which ones (maybe all!!!!:bounce: cheers greedy My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! 309780 :goodluck: )
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 pm

At least you aren't sending your auntie/grandma types into the metal shops with the Christmas list like I am.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 7:54 pm

lol!! That just flooded in a whole host of memories from my youth. I can remember the strange looks (shared amongst themselves and glanced at me) from my Aunts, Great Aunts, Grandma, etc...when I would ask for such and such an album. Back then it was cassettes...but the cover art is what caused all the hand wringing! I'm sure they were sure "He's in league with Lucifer!!!"

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall and watched them stroll into the shop in their "Granny Garb" and ask for help...probably all along making excuses and feeling faint!

lol! Great memories!!! Satan!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:24 pm

I'm not putting cd's on my Christmas list this year. Last Christmas, I put about 10 or so cd's on my list, thinking I might get maybe 4 or 5. Between my wife & my mom, they went and bought every one on the list. Great right?

What I found out later, because like scotty's wife, they are not "metal shoppping savvy", they just went to FYE and bought 'em all, getting charged out the a$$. I felt so bad that they spent so much on cd's that I ain't asking for any this year. I'd rather they get me a gift card to Best Buy or something. I'd rather get my cd's used or on ebay for a fraction of the cost.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
,they just went to FYE and bought 'em all, getting charged out the a$$.

doesn't the FYE's around you carry used cd's?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
,they just went to FYE and bought 'em all, getting charged out the a$$.

doesn't the FYE's around you carry used cd's?

Yup. I hit it all of the time. But were talking about a 60 year old woman and my wife, who don't have the time, desire or knowledge to sort through a buncha used Korn & Brittney cd's to find that particular Iced Earth cd on the list.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:08 pm

HEY!! THERE'S NO CHRISTMAS METAL ON THAT LIST ANYWHERE! angry
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:20 am

interesting list. maybe you'll get lucky & she'll buy them all for you. Very Happy

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:59 am

Usually all I get are gift certificates and money for Christmas so I can just pick out my own things (which usually are CDs and DVDs). I will basically get whatever CDs of 2007 I will be missing at that point.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:47 am

My wife wont buy me metal for Christmas.She thinks I buy enough throughout the year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:00 am

Yeah, my wife don't buy me cds anymore either. She used to, but she thinks I buy too many as it is (she's fine with it, but still). So this year we're just gonna get some new furniture or something to each other.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:35 am

Well, I just threw my wife a 'bone' by making one order myself. She can pay and wrap it and put it under the tree and call it a day.

Getting from CDINZANE (for Christmas) -

Rob Rock - Garden of Chaos

Ensiferum - Victory Songs

Vainglory - Vainglory

Pharaoh - The Longest Night

Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints

Elvenking - The Scythe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:36 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Well, I just threw my wife a 'bone'

You go boy! Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:48 am

There's always a wise guy!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 pm

i just bought the obe cd i wanted for christmas so i am going to start the list all over again. anyhowi already did a thread on this ages ago!

so cynic focus is no longer on my list. i think i may ask for some kiss albums
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 am

thrasher73 wrote:
My wife wont buy me metal for Christmas.She thinks I buy enough throughout the year

Say, are you married to my wife? scratch

Laughing very hard

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:00 pm

kmorg wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Say, are you married to my wife? scratch

Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!   My Christmas list! All metal, baby!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Christmas list! All metal, baby!!
Page 1 of 1