Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Empty
PostSubject: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 pm

When I play this CD in Windows Media Player, here's what it has for tracks 12-18:
12. Time to Kill
13. Elimination
14. Evil Never Dies
15. Death Rider
16. Raise the Dead
17. Hole in the Sky (Live)
18. E.Vil N.Ever D.Ies

In reality, though, tracks 12-18 are silence, as are tracks 19-97 and 99.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Really? I have that CD, so I might have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:50 am

This has nothing to do with Overkill, bro. This is a mistake with whatever database Windows Media Player accesses.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 1:14 am

I forgot about the dead silence tracks. I thought it was a factory mistake and my copy was the only one that did that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 pm

My copies of Savatage - Sirens and Savatage - The Dungeons Are Calling have silence for dozens of tracks. Then, for both of them, on track 99, are actual tracks. Sirens has an acoustic guitar piece, and The Dungeons Are Calling has a novelty rap song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Required Fields wrote:
My copies of Savatage - Sirens and Savatage - The Dungeons Are Calling have silence for dozens of tracks. Then, for both of them, on track 99, are actual tracks. Sirens has an acoustic guitar piece, and The Dungeons Are Calling has a novelty rap song.
That 99-track nonsense is something bands thought was cool back when CDs came out. I think it's annoying as hell, especially when you hit shuffle on one of those things.

If you want a hidden track, make it the last track with no blank tracks! Just the next in sequential order. Also, don't put 40 minutes of silence onto the last track and add a crap hidden song. Equally annoying. 311 did something cool on Transistor; they put a hidden track before the first track. If you hit rewind there's a two-minute instrumental track they used to open shows with. I know one other band did this, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Savatage can do what they want. Smile
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]
Required Fields wrote:
311 did something cool on Transistor; they put a hidden track before the first track. If you hit rewind there's a two-minute instrumental track they used to open shows with. I know one other band did this, too.

Yeah, Less than Jake did that on their "losing streak" disc. If you found the hidden track you could write them a letter and they'd send you a bunch of less than jake trading cards. The cards were pretty cool, but the hidden track was boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 12:36 am

outofstep wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
311 did something cool on Transistor; they put a hidden track before the first track. If you hit rewind there's a two-minute instrumental track they used to open shows with. I know one other band did this, too.
Yeah, Less than Jake did that on their "losing streak" disc. If you found the hidden track you could write them a letter and they'd send you a bunch of less than jake trading cards. The cards were pretty cool, but the hidden track was boring.
Oh yeah? I never knew that! I've had that disc since it came out. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.   Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something I noticed about Overkill - W.F.O.
Page 1 of 1