Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another "similarities you've noticed" thread

Go down 
+10
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
the sentinel
Eyesore
Troublezone
Lari
Required Fields
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Empty
PostSubject: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 1:06 am

Listening to the new Judas Priest album, Firepower, just recently, I noticed the title track's main riff sounds extremely similar to "Lightnin' Strikes Again" by Dokken.

Which is kind of funny, considering the next track on the Judas Priest album is called "Lightning Strike".

Then there is the beginnings of "Into the Pit" by Testament, "My Plague" by Kittie, and "Laid to Rest" by Lamb of God.

Interesting, as I see Lamb of God and Testament together live in a few weeks. Testament never raked Lamb of God over the coals for having an almost identical sounding riff (though the guitar tones are totally different). Plus, Lamb of God played live shows with Kittie before. (I know, some bands really get upset over other bands having songs with an extremely similar sound or melody to them.)

Meanwhile, there is also the intro to "Amazone" by Sortilège and "Evil Dead" by Death.

Of course, Chuck Schuldiner once stated that Sortilège was his favorite metal band of all time, and almost no one into metal had ever heard of them in North America. This makes it pretty obvious he was trying to create something with a very similar feel to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:05 am

Circle II Circle - Sentenced. The intro is Pantera's Cemetery Gates.
Circle II Circle - Cynical Ride. The main riff is Pantera's Cowboys from Hell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:03 am

That Kittie song intro is a blatant ripoff of Testament. Too bad they can't play it like Eric Peterson.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:11 am

Paradise City by Guns N Roses and Her Black Wings by Danzig both have riffs that sound very similar to Zero the Hero by Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:11 am

Noticed this similarity while driving down to South Carolina this past weekend...

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Awhile back we had a thread where someone posted a youtube video of the most used guitar riff and it's the riff from the beginning of "2 Minutes to Midnight". It's also eerily similar to a one Chris Impellitteri uses a lot and Dokken's "Lightning Strikes" too. Searched for a few minutes before posting but I couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 11:46 pm

Man that Sortilege album is amazing. I picked it up a couple of months ago and have been investing a lot into obscure french metal lately. Some real jewels there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 6:18 am

the sentinel wrote:
Awhile back we had a thread where someone posted a youtube video of the most used guitar riff and it's the riff from the beginning of "2 Minutes to Midnight". It's also eerily similar to a one Chris Impellitteri uses a lot and Dokken's "Lightning Strikes" too. Searched for a few minutes before posting but I couldn't find it.

You mean this one ?

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 9:40 am

Gilbert wrote:
Man that Sortilege album is amazing. I picked it up a couple of months ago and have been investing a lot into obscure french metal lately. Some real jewels there.
Get L'armes De Heros (sp?). Easily in top 10 metal albums ever created by mankind.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Get L'armes De Heros (sp?). Easily in top 10 metal albums ever created by mankind.

The entire catalog of theirs is awesome.

I do find it strange how last year, Sortilège's self titled EP and Métamorphose both got reissued, while Larmes de Héros did not.

(I do already own Larmes de Héros on CD.)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

The vocal melody to the verses of "Losers in the Game" by Metal Church sounds a lot like the vocal melody in the verses to "Breaking the Law".

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm

The funniest one I've ever heard of is:

Savatage - Paragons of Innocence chorus vocal melody
vs.
Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:15 pm

I think the only reason I picked up on this, was because I had listened to both albums within a 24 hour period. I never noticed this until a week ago...

at the 1:55 mark

at the 1:45 mark

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 pm

007 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

You mean this one ?

Yup! That's the one. Thanks, 007. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 11:30 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The funniest one I've ever heard of is:

Savatage - Paragons of Innocence chorus vocal melody
vs.
Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around

It totally does, too! Haha.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Required Fields wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I do find it strange how last year, Sortilège's self titled EP and Métamorphose both got reissued, while Larmes de Héros did not.

Actually, greek metal label No Remorse is doing one hell of a job reissuing out of print french metal albums. While in Athens a while ago, i picked up lots of excellent old shcool french metal albums. I highly recommend you check out this label and try to order online.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:40 pm

the sentinel wrote:
007 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

You mean this one ?

Yup! That's the one. Thanks, 007. headbanger

Based on that video then Riot is the one being ripped off because they have the earliest release date of the albums listed.  When I first read this I thought bands were ripping of Two Minutes.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Actually, greek metal label No Remorse is doing one hell of a job reissuing out of print french metal albums. While in Athens a while ago, i picked up lots of excellent old shcool french metal albums. I highly recommend you  check out this label and try to order online.

I have ordered from them a few times, actually. In fact, I ordered the self titled EP and Métamorphose from them.

Last year, I ordered the first two albums from them. I also bought copies for Scott for his birthday.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Actually, greek metal label No Remorse is doing one hell of a job reissuing out of print french metal albums. While in Athens a while ago, i picked up lots of excellent old shcool french metal albums. I highly recommend you  check out this label and try to order online.

I have ordered from them a few times, actually. In fact, I ordered the self titled EP and Métamorphose from them.

Last year, I ordered the first two albums from them. I also bought copies for Scott for his birthday.

If you're ever in Athens you must visit their store. Literally thousands of vinyls and cds. A huge choice of metal. I think i got over 65 Cds from there Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Doesn't the main riff on "Bang Bang You" by KISS sound a lot like the main riff to "You Shook Me All Night Long"?

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The vocal melody to the verses of "Losers in the Game" by Metal Church sounds a lot like the vocal melody in the verses to "Breaking the Law".

My word, this is awful! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Which song does this track by Avalanche remind you of?

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Flight of Icarus
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Slaughter House - Gettin' Away With Murder:

Nuclear Assault - Cross of Iron:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 pm

I am currently spinning the full length debut album by The Bleeding, Rites of Absolution.

Listen to the title track, and tell me what you're reminded of by the scream at the start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another "similarities you've noticed" thread   Another "similarities you've noticed" thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another "similarities you've noticed" thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next