Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tarja - My Winter Storm

Go down 
+2
TheGooch
mc666
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Tarja - My Winter Storm Empty
PostSubject: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Not sure I'd classify this as metal after hearing the samples, but here you go. Here is a link to samples of every song on her new album.

It's quite a bit more mellow than I was expecting, but I like it. I've heard all these samples now and I definitely look forward to her new album.

The End has it available for pre-order for those interested.

Here's the samps. Let me know what you think of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5QZJjzaiB4
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 11:56 am

no one can deny that she is a fantastic singer. i knew her solo stuff would be geared less towards rock & metal.
that wasn't a big shock. the softer material is actually where she
shines on this one. her heart is more in it. the harder tunes sound like they were rushed & only there to draw in whatever Nightwish fans she could. they are also held back by the drum machine limitations (perhaps a pet peeve of mine since i play drums). lastly, the Alice Cooper cover was just to hilarious to take seriously. it doesn't fit in with the rest of the material.

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:01 pm

The Cooper cover is terrible, at least the sample is. As for her mellow stuff, I'm not a fan. I bought her first solo EP and didn't buy the others. I just wasn't impressed. As for these samples, something tells me a lot of them with choruses with big guitars and such. It won't be completely mellow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 am

Yeah, this might still be a somewhat 'metal' album. I'll have to hear the whole thing first.

I actually really am liking this. "I Walk Alone" is a great song.

humble
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:36 pm

i have heard a few samples and they sound cool i have not ordered it yet (i could though i have my first debit card in my shirt pocket) but i will get it. kerrang gave it three out of five
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Saw the torrent last night. Not gonna download it, though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:50 pm

I heard some samples of this but to me it just sounded too weak and I passed it up. I might get it later but I just didn't hear anything that made me want to get it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I have this now and I just haven't been impressed. Some good songs, but I think it tries too hard.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

Plus, it sounds like the soundtrack to a Disney movie.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:24 am

tohostudios wrote:
Plus, it sounds like the soundtrack to a Disney movie.

I agree, it is just too mellow even for me-and I like John Denver!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 am

The shame of it is that I think Tarja sounds as good as ever but the songs are just really, really weak IMO.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
The shame of it is that I think Tarja sounds as good as ever but the songs are just really, really weak IMO.

On this, we are in aggreement.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm

I LOVE My Winter Storm! 10/10
Tarja is my fave female vocalist ever! Tarja - My Winter Storm 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah, "My Winter Storm" is a good album.

The only thing that really holds it back is weak production.

Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10. I'd call it metal - symphonic metal.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Yeah, "My Winter Storm" is a good album.

The only thing that really holds it back is weak production.

Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10. I'd call it metal - symphonic metal.
What if they were to re-record it with much better production? Tarja - My Winter Storm 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarja - My Winter Storm   Tarja - My Winter Storm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarja - My Winter Storm
Page 1 of 1