Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
spiritoradio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Empty
PostSubject: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:12 pm

I think this was discussed on the old site, but I can't quite remember, so...Has anyone read this? and what do you think about it. I would like to get it, but I want to hear a few reviews from you guys first. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:12 am

Is it a biography of Rudy Sarzo? He's been in some great bands. Might make for an interesting read.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 4:42 pm

He supposedly kept a journal on tour with Ozzy during the early 80's, so he talks about Randy and other road stories. It looks cool, but on Amazon there are a lot of ho-hum type reviews, so that's why I was curious if anyone here had read it yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 5:06 pm

I had read somewhere that Sharon Osbourne wasn't thrilled about this book being published, but that could just be some spin put out by a publicist to create some interest. Think about it, what secrets could be told about Ozzy that we don't already know? Sharon has admitted to sleeping with Randy and Oz snorted ants for Pete's sake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm

I had ordere it. Amazon shipped it Fed Ex. Due to me getting the call to go bye bye for a while, I completely missed its arrival, and it got sent back. Due to my Braces I can't be deployed, sent IA, or anything like that. I want to read it, but I am going to buy it off of Ebay. I started up doing 24 hour shifts a few days a month, so I want is via USPS, so I do not miss it. Read there is some good road stories from the Ozzy/Randy days
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:10 am

I want the book.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Grabbed a copy of this over the weekend. Good read so far. Interesting inside stories about Ozzy, Randy and Tommy Aldridge, as well as Quiet Riot. Interested to see if he gets into anything about Whitesnake or Dio.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I read it a while back. It was a good read.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Does he get into Whitesnake or Dio?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Does he get into Whitesnake or Dio?

No, he didn't mention those bands in the book. It was just about his time in OZZY. (he talked about Quiet Riot briefly in the beginning)

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

No it does not get into his history with Whitesnake or Dio, it ends with him joining Quiet Riot then skips ahead to a Randy Rhoads tribute years later, it is a good read.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:45 pm

manny wrote:
No it does not get into his history with Whitesnake or Dio, it ends with him joining Quiet Riot then skips ahead to a Randy Rhoads tribute years later, it is a good read.

I remember him talking about Quiet Riot in the beginning regarding Randy joining Ozzy and then at the end he mentions QR again when he was a part of the Metal Health lineup. So i guess that's two times...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

I remember him talking about Quiet Riot in the beginning regarding Randy joining Ozzy and then at the end he mentions QR again when he was a part of the Metal Health lineup. So i guess that's two times...

No was a response to ULT's question not your posting, sorry about that bro, but you are correct
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

No was a response to ULT's question not your posting, sorry about that bro, but you are correct

No problem.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Gah no ebook evailable Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo   Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off The Rails by Rudy Sarzo
Page 1 of 1