Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Come on scott

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
krokus
TheGooch
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Come on scott - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:21 am

spectrefate wrote:
The update reads 10/13/07. Should it be 11/13/07?

Yup. Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 am

Cool - looking forward to checking it out. I'm heading into town right now - but hopefully I'll have some more 'online' time today later on.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Poor Scott.

I hate the idea of those cardboard sleeves too.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm

good update
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Right on, Scott! Good to see someone appreciating the post-thrash version of Overkill as much as I do. So many people claim they've sucked ever since WFO dropped. I disagree and think that's when they got even better.

🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:37 pm

quite a scathing review for the new iced earth disc i see.

actually i really like the something wicked part two instrumental
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm

TheGooch wrote:

Scathing? You think? I just offered an opinion. I thought it was pretty balanced. I offered what I thought was good and what I didn't like. I didn't gush over it, like some of their older CDs, but that's because it didn't bowl me over like some of their older CDs.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Right on, Scott! Good to see someone appreciating the post-thrash version of Overkill as much as I do. So many people claim they've sucked ever since WFO dropped. I disagree and think that's when they got even better.

🤘

I love the new Overkill stuff. I like a lot of it better than the "classic" stuff.

🤘

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Scathing? You think? I just offered an opinion. I thought it was pretty balanced. I offered what I thought was good and what I didn't like. I didn't gush over it, like some of their older CDs, but that's because it didn't bowl me over like some of their older CDs.

ult

yeah its cool i wasnt bashing your review or your right to an opiion or anything or anything it dont think it is there best either
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

🤘

I love the new Overkill stuff. I like a lot of it better than the "classic" stuff.

🤘

Ditto. I listen to the "90s" and later-period Overkill CDs more often than I do the earlier albums nowadays as well. Probably cuz in my younger days I pretty much burned myself out on everything from FEEL THE FIRE right up thru HORRORSCOPE through overplaying'em!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Good review of Shadows Fall Ult.But I think these guys have been on the thrash border for a few years now.Check out the War Within.Its my favorite by them.Great disc start to finish.You wont be disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

🤘

🤘

I agree. My favorite album is "The Years of Decay" - but after that I like their newer stuff best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:59 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Good review of Shadows Fall Ult.But I think these guys have been on the thrash border for a few years now.Check out the War Within.Its my favorite by them.Great disc start to finish.You wont be disappointed.
I found the latest album to be closer to cookie-cutter (neo) metalcore than anything they've done. While I like the album (it's in the truck today, actually), I thought it was a few steps back and to the left compared to their previous albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:00 pm

Great review of Shadows Fall Ult!!!

I think 'thrash-core' is a good way to define their sound.

🤘 🤘 🤘

My only disagreement is in the part where you said that there weren't any 'memorable' chorus' and distinctions between songs. Maybe it's just me, but I found myself singing along to like 4 songs right away - and coming back to them.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Cool update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on scott   Come on scott - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come on scott
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2