Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moshpits

Go down 
+22
Stender
Schbopo
metalmaniac122
nevermore
krokus
AchrisK
Hamer12
7thSecond
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
sovdat
outofstep
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
jstate
Smindas
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:31 pm

Scatterbrain.... wow that takes me back.

Haven't heard that band name in eons. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:31 pm

Quote :
Fight in a tiny little club on the Jersey Shore during their WAR OF WORDS tour.

Shocked You dog! Best thing Halford's ever done in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:34 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Fight in a tiny little club on the Jersey Shore during their WAR OF WORDS tour.

Shocked You dog! Best thing Halford's ever done in my opinion!

Oh yea, amaaaaaazing show! Robby was ON that night too... I've seen Judas Priest four times, and I've seen the Halford band once, but I have NEVER, EVER heard Rob Halford in finer voice than he was at that Fight gig. When he hit the high note in "Life In Black" ("LIIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE... IN BLAAAAAAAAAAAACK!") I swear I got CHILLS up my spine! Sebastian Bach from Skid Row got up onstage and sang Judas Priest's "Bloodstone" with them that night too, that was an unexpected bonus.

One of my favorite shows EVER!

Last edited by on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Great band!! I miss them terribly.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Great band!! I miss them terribly.

Yep,Good stuff
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Being as I was hugely involved in the 80's hardcore (Minor Threat, D.R.I., 7 Seconds etc.) scene I've been in quite a few pits. Personally I always had a great time. Metal pits never seemed quite as fun to me though for some reason. Don't fret though, the metal scene had other thing's that I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:32 pm

I used to get into pits back in the day before people started getting stupid. Now I'm to old & fat. The best pit I ever saw was at a Primus show if you can believe that, during DMV. I'ts also the most pot I ever saw at one show in my life.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 am

ultmetal wrote:
Biggest pit I ever witnessed was SLAYER at Ozzfest.
Slayer can certainly get them going 🤘

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:11 am

I was the mosh pit king. I woudl go to local alternative acts just to mosh.

Now I'm old.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:19 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I was the mosh pit king. I woudl go to local alternative acts just to mosh.

Now I'm old.

lol!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 am

sovdat wrote:
I don't know why's everybody talking about "being beated up" ?? It's all just fun and there's no hatred or violence in the air, if you go down, at least 3 people are pulling you back on the feet in no time!

I agree with this. I don't think I have ever seen or been in a pit where people didn't help each other up. That part of the whole thing. I am not saying there isn't sometimes animosity, but generally not IMO.

I think it is unfair of those who are saying moshers are unaware of the music or are not true fans of the music. In fact for me, moshing is dancing TO the music. It does promote feelings of community and it is an outlet for the energy that fills you from the stage. Headbanging is another outlet, and I love that too (but it was better when I had long hair).

The thing I hate is the hardcore kid karate fists of fury style. I do sometimes see some animosity between the slam/circle pit people and the karate kids, but it doesn't result in much problem.

I still jump in once in a while, but I am less fearless now that I am old, and I don't have the endurance either. I think I lost my edge too, because I seem to get knocked down too easily, and I am like 6 ft, 205 lbs. This summer at the Sacred Reich show I fell on my butt and hurt my wrist. Not real bad, but it still hurts in some positions. It's getting better. Probably a fracture.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 am

Where di you go and see Sacred Reich!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Never saw big moshpits at concerts and i have been to many. Even at SLAYER or TANKARD concerts i never saw a moshpit, only on dvd.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:47 pm

I wouldn't go anywhere near one. I think they're pretty dumb. I'm there to see the band and enjoy myself,not get all banged up.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:33 pm

007 wrote:
I wouldn't go anywhere near one. I think they're pretty dumb. I'm there to see the band and enjoy myself,not get all banged up.

You're dumb

TheGooch wrote:
Where di you go and see Sacred Reich!

They played two shows this past summer in the USA (Phoenix and Tucson, I was at the Tucson show), then went to Europe.
Back to top Go down

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:23 pm

007 wrote:

Yup same here.

I just seen Nightwish the other night and a stupid mosh pit broke out right where I was standing. I just pushed the idiots away from me (I'm kinda big I guess) - and I scared the little pansies. I yelled into the lame pit and said "CHILL OUT YOU ASSES!!!". The pit stopped too. Weird I know.

But I got back to banging my head and enjoying Nightwish again.

🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:52 pm

I don't get in the pits but don't mind if others like it as long as the moshers are courteous to those who don't want to join in. The kung fu kicking and the ninja moves are pretty annoying. I've seen several fights start at shows because of the karate moves.

One of the most violent pits I saw was the pit at a Body Count, Exodus, and D.R.I. show. There were bodes lying everywhere on the floor after that show.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 pm

There great fun so long as they don't get too rough, some people seem to think its about hurting each other.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Biggest pit I ever witnessed was SLAYER at Ozzfest.

Understandable. Can't go to a metal show without someone shouting Slayer. Anyway, I like mosh pits. When I went to Gigantour, I moshed during Job for a cowboy just so I wouldn't have to hear them. During Megadeth though, I just watched and headbanged. Good way to get past the crappy bands.
Back to top Go down

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:40 pm

I try to stay clear of the pits these days. I always seem to get into a fight. I mean, asshats mosh at 311 shows! I think I told the story about the turd who tried to start a pit near me and two of my friends—females!—by slamming into their backs. That was his first target, two girls! Moron. So I grabbed his shirt, which completely tore off his body, and then choke-slammed him to the concrete floor and yelled at him. Doubtful he could hear me, but he knew I was pissed, and he was scared.

No one moshed near us the entire show. No one even moved, really. Haha. It was awesome.

Either way, I can't go choke-slamming people at every show. So I tend to stand back and watch the show from a distance. But if someone punches or kicks me from behind, I will break bones. Kids today—and the moronic meathead adults—know nothing about moshing. I remember a time when, if you got hit, someone apologized; if you fell, someone—usually many people—picked you up. Today, if you get hit, you got hit on purpose; if you fall, someone kicks you. Bunch of idiots.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I try to stay clear of the pits these days. I always seem to get into a fight. I mean, asshats mosh at 311 shows! I think I told the story about the turd who tried to start a pit near me and two of my friends—females!—by slamming into their backs. That was his first target, two girls! Moron. So I grabbed his shirt, which completely tore off his body, and then choke-slammed him to the concrete floor and yelled at him. Doubtful he could hear me, but he knew I was pissed, and he was scared.
he was a 311 fan, they scare easily.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm

Getting angry and trying to hurt people on purpose in a pit is dumb to me. As someone said before its about moving to the music. If you can't skank right, then leave!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Only mosh when the band sucks.
Back to top Go down

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
he was a 311 fan, they scare easily.
I'd crush you.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:14 pm

I jump into 'em when the band not playing something I really want to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Moshpits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshpits   Moshpits - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moshpits
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: