Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A couple of Testament Reissues on the way

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
mc666
8 posters
AuthorMessage

A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Empty
PostSubject: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:08 am

Got this in my email, don't think anyone has posted this yet?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 5, 2007

Press Release

Prosthetic Records to reissue two TESTAMENT albums

Prosthetic Records is proud to announce reissues from Bay Area metal legends TESTAMENT. Both to feature new liner notes, 1997's 'Demonic' was remastered and 1999's 'The Gathering' will include the previously only available in Japan, "Hammer Of The Gods". Both will see a worldwide release through the label on Jan. 8, 2008. Previously released through Spitfire Records and currently out of print, both records are a welcome addition to the Prosthetic Records catalog.

Currently gearing up for the release of a new studio record featuring all new music via Nuclear Blast, TESTAMENT's line-up for 'Demonic' included Gene Hoglan (Death, Strapping Young Lad), while 'The Gathering' featured metal legends James Murphy (Death, Obituary), Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Iced Earth, Sadus), and Dave Lombardo (Slayer).

Comments Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler: "Testament is far and away one of the most influential bands in all of modern metal. While other veteran acts soak up much of the spotlight with sing a-longs, Testament maintains the unsurpassed musicianship, integrity and brutality that continues to create an untouchable legacy."

More praise for TESTAMENT:

Joel Stroesl (Killswitch Engage): "Testament has been one of my favorite bands for many years...they have always helped define aggression and musicianship. They are one of the few bands that have kicked ass throughout their entire career. 'Demonic' and 'The Gathering' not only kept with the times in the metal world...but set new standards."

Silenoz (Dimmu Borgir): "'The Gathering' was a sledgehammer to the face when it came out and still is to this day! Sheer rawness and power combined with catchy, groovy patterns and monstrous thrash riffs proves Testament as one of the most influential metal bands ever to grace planet earth. I sum this album up in one word: authority!"

Dez Fafara (Devildriver): “'The Gathering' is equal to 'Back in Black' by AC/DC in its song writing and song sequence. For some, its either Metallica or Testament; for me it’s Testament. 'Demonic' is the deadliest, dirtiest, crushing record, where they truly found their heavier and darker side."
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 am

i already own these. i'd rather have a new album. Razz

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:13 am

I actually just got both of those, no wonder people download music lol and yep I'd rather have a new album as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:23 am

Why bother to reissue DEMONIC and THE GATHERING? I see those in used-CD stores all the time. It's not like they're hard to find.

If they wanna reissue some Testament, howzabout finally pressing the old LIVE AT EINDHOVEN EP onto CD??
:kickbutt:

Last edited by on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:28 am

mc666 wrote:
i already own these. i'd rather have a new album. Razz

Same here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Why bother to reissue DEMONIC and THE GATHERING? I see those in used-CD stores all the time. It's not like they're hard to find.

If they wanna reissue some Testament, howzabout finally pressing the old LIVE AT EINDHOVEN EP onto CD??
:kickbutt:

I see Demonic all the time but hardly ever see The Gathering, though it is easy enough to get online.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:42 am

If they want to re-issue some Testament, do it for the first 3 albums. They could used some re-mastering, STAT!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:10 am

thats cool but i aint a massive fan of testament to be honest
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:31 am

I've been struggling to find The Gathering here - I've had it on CD-R for ages. It'll be nice to finally pick it up.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:09 pm

i admit i want to get the legacy on cd at some point i just love thrash debuts
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm

i already have the gathering in japanese edition, theres no point in me pickin up the reissue
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:49 pm

Since I need to recapture those two albums next year, I will be able to get the reissues.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Never heard this bonus track. Any good?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
Never heard this bonus track. Any good?

its an instrumental track with some guitar effets, its pretty damn good,

have a listen:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=12164577
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of Testament Reissues on the way   A couple of Testament Reissues on the way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple of Testament Reissues on the way
Page 1 of 1