Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

nu metal bands that SUCK the most

Go down 
+12
Lurideath
T-Roy
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
krokus
mc666
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Troublezone
fingers
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 pm

i seem to remember rob had an album with a horse on the front but i cant recall the title of it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 pm

fingers wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
I actually like White Zombie and Rob's stuff, though it's not a fave.
Ever heard any of their pre-LA SEXORCISTO albums? They're pretty god-awful, but man, when that "Thunderkiss 65" song came out it was one of the coolest things I'd heard in years.

Actually some of their early stuff b4 la sexorcistor is not that bad that KISS cover they did on God of Thunder kicked ass and the album b4 LS was pretty good one of my favourite albums of the Rob/White Zombie catologue. But I agree with you they still had a fair way to go musically but coincidentally alotta 90's alternative bands that started off on independent labels in the 80's were inspired by early White Zombie

I had a friend in college who was totally nuts about their PSYCHO HEAD BLOWOUT album (which I think was their first? I'm not even sure)... I don't even remember what label it was on, his was the only copy of it I've ever seen (I understand it's quite a hot commodity on eBay) and it was positively awful!! After hearing that one a few times I pretty much ignored 'em till "Thunderkiss 65" started getting airplay and I thought "Can this really be the same crappy band I saw a few years ago?" Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:26 pm

all of them are equally horrible!
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:34 pm

enough of white/rob zombie whether u like em or not they rule!. The reason why Sevendust don't suck cos the singer has got a brilliant voice not as good as Serj from SOAD tho, 1 of the dudes from Twisted Sister is producing their music and they don't have the why bother attitude on guitar solos, they dont rap and their riffs are awesome and get you headbanging. SOAD dont suck cos the singer in my opinion is the best singer in nu metal 50 times better than Jon Davis from KoRn who is one of the most overrated musical figures of all time. They also have interesting riffs and when you listen to their music they are completely unpredictable and are influenced by a variety of other musical styles as well like middle eastern music. Id label them the Mr Bungle of nu metal. KoRn as much as I hate them for what they did polluting the 90s with this awful nu metal crap (the only good influences they had was on Sepultura's album Roots and the last album by White Zombie which was one of the best albums they both have done and even tho those albums aint nu metal albums there is definitely a KoRn influence but done well and they both didnt Smurf up), inspiring bands to tune their guitars like 5 semitones and the why bother?! attitude on solos, helping Limp Bizshit get a record deal and how much I hate Jon davis. I have discovered an interesting phenomenon on KoRn believe or it or not they use to be a thrash metal band back in the late 80s early 90s and use to be called LAPD and they had a different singer Richard Morales who sounded like Tom Araya from Slayer and they only used drop d on their guitars and did sound like a combination of Suicidal Tendencies and old Sepultura and released an album back in 1990 unfortunately for them Richard Morales had a bad heroin addiction and got kicked outta the band in 1992 - 1993 and then they did the unthinkable getting Jon Davis and changed their name to KoRn. Anyway Ive started to like their first album yes I know Im committing heavy metal blasphemy but so what? cos they still have bits and pieces remaining from LAPD in that album and also even tho the members of KoRn are not talented they've got some catchy riffs and I also give that album respect because it was so ahead of its time and it was fresh when it came to how unique it was. No band sounded like them back in 1994 But unfortunately the biggest downside is that you have to put with Jon davis shouting like an idiot on the album but I do give him kudos for that song dead bodies everywhere which is on the FTL album the only song he deserves his credit as a singer. Anyway besides that album KoRn are -NOT- METAL in any stretch of imagination for a start they attracted Kurt Cobain's depressed fans after he shot himself, also they were more influenced by grunge/alternative bands like Faith No More, Helmet and Rage Against the Machine than metal bands besides Prong. The appropriate title that would fit well for KoRn is NU-GRUNGE.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:52 pm

Um... ooooookay.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:20 pm

Worst. Thread. Ever.

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Smindas wrote:
Worst. Thread. Ever.

Yep this is right up there with my "What's Your Favorite Cheese" Poll. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:30 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I hate mosh pits. Always have. I like to headbang when I go to a show - not get beat up.

Being 5' 7" 195 lbs (25% body fat), I am not built for that kind of punishment so I stay as far away as possible. My first concert was seeing Fear Factory open for Maiden and I started in the middle of the stage and by the time the mosh pit started, I escaped to the left of the stage...right in front of a giant speaker (loved the concert, but could barely hear the day after). The next concert I went to was Rage Againsts the Machine (don't like them but my best friend did so I went with him) where I avoided the mosh pit like the plague, my best friend went in but although he was shorter than me he was 225lbs and tough as nails so it was no problem with him. No other concerts I went to had mosh pits so I was safe. However, when I went to see Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot, I firgured there would be no mosh pit there so I was front stage in the middle (actually there were a few ahead of me, I didn't go up to the stage in time), apart for some big jackass with a camera pushing me out of the way to get a better shot of Kamelot and wanting to start a fight as I tried to take my spot back everything else was alright. Then towards the end of the Kamelot set some idiots decided to start a mosh pit and bumped me right up to the front of the stage, squashed like a bug. I mean what kind of person starts a mosh pit at a concert like this? If it was a thrash, death, hardcore, black, or nu concert I'd understand, but symphonic power metal????? Anyway I wish I was bigger but I am not so I will leave the mosh pits to more genetically gifted guys.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Nu Metal suck... Yeah I'm 13 years old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:43 pm

fingers wrote:
enough of white/rob zombie whether u like em or not they rule!. The reason why Sevendust don't suck cos the singer has got a brilliant voice not as good as Serj from SOAD tho, 1 of the dudes from Twisted Sister is producing their music and they don't have the why bother attitude on guitar solos, they dont rap and their riffs are awesome and get you headbanging. SOAD dont suck cos the singer in my opinion is the best singer in nu metal 50 times better than Jon Davis from KoRn who is one of the most overrated musical figures of all time. They also have interesting riffs and when you listen to their music they are completely unpredictable and are influenced by a variety of other musical styles as well like middle eastern music. Id label them the Mr Bungle of nu metal. KoRn as much as I hate them for what they did polluting the 90s with this awful nu metal crap (the only good influences they had was on Sepultura's album Roots and the last album by White Zombie which was one of the best albums they both have done and even tho those albums aint nu metal albums there is definitely a KoRn influence but done well and they both didnt Smurf up), inspiring bands to tune their guitars like 5 semitones and the why bother?! attitude on solos, helping Limp Bizshit get a record deal and how much I hate Jon davis. I have discovered an interesting phenomenon on KoRn believe or it or not they use to be a thrash metal band back in the late 80s early 90s and use to be called LAPD and they had a different singer Richard Morales who sounded like Tom Araya from Slayer and they only used drop d on their guitars and did sound like a combination of Suicidal Tendencies and old Sepultura and released an album back in 1990 unfortunately for them Richard Morales had a bad heroin addiction and got kicked outta the band in 1992 - 1993 and then they did the unthinkable getting Jon Davis and changed their name to KoRn. Anyway Ive started to like their first album yes I know Im committing heavy metal blasphemy but so what? cos they still have bits and pieces remaining from LAPD in that album and also even tho the members of KoRn are not talented they've got some catchy riffs and I also give that album respect because it was so ahead of its time and it was fresh when it came to how unique it was. No band sounded like them back in 1994 But unfortunately the biggest downside is that you have to put with Jon davis shouting like an idiot on the album but I do give him kudos for that song dead bodies everywhere which is on the FTL album the only song he deserves his credit as a singer. Anyway besides that album KoRn are -NOT- METAL in any stretch of imagination for a start they attracted Kurt Cobain's depressed fans after he shot himself, also they were more influenced by grunge/alternative bands like Faith No More, Helmet and Rage Against the Machine than metal bands besides Prong. The appropriate title that would fit well for KoRn is NU-GRUNGE.

Now can you tell me why is there only one Smurfette and so many Smurf? And this since more than 40 years?

nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Annanicole_smurfette
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 pm

fingers wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
I actually like White Zombie and Rob's stuff, though it's not a fave.
Ever heard any of their pre-LA SEXORCISTO albums? They're pretty god-awful, but man, when that "Thunderkiss 65" song came out it was one of the coolest things I'd heard in years.

Actually some of their early stuff b4 la sexorcistor is not that bad that KISS cover they did on God of Thunder kicked ass and the album b4 LS was pretty good one of my favourite albums of the Rob/White Zombie catologue. But I agree with you they still had a fair way to go musically but coincidentally alotta 90's alternative bands that started off on independent labels in the 80's were inspired by early White Zombie
Make Them Die Slowly is when they started their style shift, and it was solid, but the production was terrible. On the God Of Thunder EP is when they got really good. That's when J. Yuenger joined the band. His influence and heavy riffs pushed them band forward. The stuff before Make Them Die Slowly, though, is tough to listen to sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:12 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Now can you tell me why is there only one Smurfette and so many Smurf? And this since more than 40 years?

nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Annanicole_smurfette
scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:18 am

DallasBlack wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
I hate mosh pits. Always have. I like to headbang when I go to a show - not get beat up.

Being 5' 7" 195 lbs (25% body fat), I am not built for that kind of punishment so I stay as far away as possible. My first concert was seeing Fear Factory open for Maiden and I started in the middle of the stage and by the time the mosh pit started, I escaped to the left of the stage...right in front of a giant speaker (loved the concert, but could barely hear the day after). The next concert I went to was Rage Againsts the Machine (don't like them but my best friend did so I went with him) where I avoided the mosh pit like the plague, my best friend went in but although he was shorter than me he was 225lbs and tough as nails so it was no problem with him. No other concerts I went to had mosh pits so I was safe. However, when I went to see Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot, I firgured there would be no mosh pit there so I was front stage in the middle (actually there were a few ahead of me, I didn't go up to the stage in time), apart for some big jackass with a camera pushing me out of the way to get a better shot of Kamelot and wanting to start a fight as I tried to take my spot back everything else was alright. Then towards the end of the Kamelot set some idiots decided to start a mosh pit and bumped me right up to the front of the stage, squashed like a bug. I mean what kind of person starts a mosh pit at a concert like this? If it was a thrash, death, hardcore, black, or nu concert I'd understand, but symphonic power metal????? Anyway I wish I was bigger but I am not so I will leave the mosh pits to more genetically gifted guys.

I'm actually pretty tall - 6' or so. I am not that 'little' of a guy, but I just don't get mosh pits. I'm a very non-violent person. Why get hurt when I am paying money to see my favorite bands? lol. Makes no sense to me.

Anyway - Dallas, dude - I seen that same tour with Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot. It was one of the most peaceful shows I've ever seen. I was real happy with it. There was a spirit of comradery and metal brotherhood that I just thought was awesome.

Weird how the same tour can be so different just one state away! lol.

However, I can relate to you in a way because I went to see Lacuna Coil a while back and a HUGE mosh pit broke out right where I was standing. I was pissed. I ended up going to the right and just watching the show from the back part of the floor. Lame. Most people who start mosh pits are just hungry for attention. They can't handle not being 'noticed' and just enjoying the band. I think a lot of people come to shows just to start trouble.

Anyway - I hope there is not a mosh pit at Nightwish tomorrow night. That would be so lame.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 am

spectrefate wrote:
Wicked Wisdom is the only "nu-metal" I like. I guess I have an old ear.
mc like Jada. crazy happy

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:10 am

blackieboy wrote:
Anyway - Dallas, dude - I seen that same tour with Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot. It was one of the most peaceful shows I've ever seen. I was real happy with it. There was a spirit of comradery and metal brotherhood that I just thought was awesome.

Weird how the same tour can be so different just one state away! lol.

However, I can relate to you in a way because I went to see Lacuna Coil a while back and a HUGE mosh pit broke out right where I was standing. I was pissed. I ended up going to the right and just watching the show from the back part of the floor. Lame. Most people who start mosh pits are just hungry for attention. They can't handle not being 'noticed' and just enjoying the band. I think a lot of people come to shows just to start trouble.

Anyway - I hope there is not a mosh pit at Nightwish tomorrow night. That would be so lame.

Oh it was pretty much the same way for me, it was just that one guy with the camera that got me. The concert was awesome and I had plenty of comradery with everyone around me and when I went to meet Leaves' Eyes, a guy saved my spot for me. Of course getting back to my spot wasn't easy, mainly because so many people thought I was cutting in front of them that they wouldn't let me through but I managed to get back to my spot. Before each act and in between each one me and the guys around me talked endlessly about the metal we love (almost like a live version of this forum). That inspired me to get over my shyness and join up here.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:08 am

probably not. let us know how that was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:17 am

I'll let ya know! I can't wait 10 more hours and I'll be in line!

🤘
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:14 am

Hi im new here.I dispise all that nu-metal crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

80smetalrocks wrote:
Hi im new here.I dispise all that nu-metal crap.

Well ... good for you.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:09 am

Eh, I just don't like Nu-Metal. I hear it and it just sounds like pop rock music is all. It's here for now and will be mostly forgotten in 20 years anyway. I mean does anyone really remember that Crazy Train band or whatever it was? (Not Ozzy obviously) They had a song called Butterfly I think? I mean, is anyone going to remember that one? I barely do. I just remember it being big when it came out and the band isn't much of anything now.

Most people I know don't search deep for good music they just skip off the top of the popular stuff and I always just hated that. It was just boring to me. I found a style of music I liked and I've dived DEEP into it (Metal...DUH!). I've still got SO SO SO far to go as well. I like that.

But yeah all of the rap-rock bands I've never liked. As for Slipknot...I just don't understand the hype dude. They're mediocre. Plus they act like they're super awesome metal when it's not metal. It's Nu-Metal. I mean, there's a difference man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:16 am

Good bump. angry
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:05 am

fingers wrote:
Nu Metal bands that suck the most are Limp Bizshit, Drowning Pool, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Slipknob, Kid Rock, KoRn (after their 1st album), Shittones (a cringe making emo blue print band),

Nu metal bands that RULE!

Sevendust
Rob Zombie
Fear Factory (more industrial metal)
System of a Down

Rob Zombie and Fear Factory aren't nu metal.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:23 pm

[quote="blackieboy"]
DallasBlack wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Being 5' 7" 195 lbs (25% body fat), I am not built for that kind of punishment so I stay as far away as possible. My first concert was seeing Fear Factory open for Maiden and I started in the middle of the stage and by the time the mosh pit started, I escaped to the left of the stage...right in front of a giant speaker (loved the concert,

When did Fear Factory open 4 maiden thats unusual?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:41 pm

[quote="fingers"]
blackieboy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Being 5' 7" 195 lbs (25% body fat), I am not built for that kind of punishment so I stay as far away as possible. My first concert was seeing Fear Factory open for Maiden and I started in the middle of the stage and by the time the mosh pit started, I escaped to the left of the stage...right in front of a giant speaker (loved the concert,

When did Fear Factory open 4 maiden thats unusual?

1996. And it's not so unusual because at that time nu-metal was not yet in the open and Fear Factory was still a death metal band with industrial overtones (although they've always been that, they were unfairly grouped in with nu-metal).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nu metal bands that SUCK the most   nu metal bands that SUCK the most - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nu metal bands that SUCK the most
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3