Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rainbow-Stargazer

Go down 
+10
GrandNational
XYZ
mc666
caniplaywithmadness?
SAHB Healer
Required Fields
kmorg
ultmetal
candlemass
DallasBlack
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 7:30 am

I origonally got Rainbow-Rising about 7 years but only listened to it once (not all the way) and forgot about it. At the time, I just didn't feel like classic rock and after listening to it for a couple of songs I went on to something else. Then about a year ago I decided to go through my CDs and find ones I didn't listen to much and give them another spin. Earlier this year I remembered that I had this classic album and put it on a playlist with other albums and shuffled. This song came on and I was blown away it just grabbed me and wouldn't let go and I played it again after it ended.

The rest of the album is great but just doesn't compare to Stargazer. This also prompted me to get the other Dio era Rainbow album Long Live Rock 'N' Roll and again, great music but nothing to compare to Stargazer (I now need to get the debut as well). Listened to that song again last night (I've listened to it many times since I first heard it). The melody is so infectious that even though I heard it about seven hours ago and heard many songs since, it still is running through my head. I can safely say that this is one of my favortite songs and I don't ever see that changeing (hell, I'm going to listen to it again!). Anybody else love this song?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 9:09 am

My all time favorite Dio song, always wanted to hear him perform that one live! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 am

One of the greatest early Heavy Metal albums ever recorded. Dio was on
the top of his game. Blackmore was just awe inspiring. There are
several live albums from this tour and they are equally as great.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:26 am

I am with you, DallasBlack. That is without a doubt the best song Rainbow ever recorded, and it floors everything else on that album. The song tells a story, and at the time I discovered it, I was also listening a lot to Nazareth's "Telegram". Now these songs are nothing like eachother, but when listening to them back to back, I just loved the fact that both of them were epic tracks, telling good stories.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 7:28 pm

A masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 2:51 am

Haven't played that in awhile. I'm gonna go home right now and spin it. I've been watching Rainbow- Live in Munich DVD about once a week now for two months. Metal wouldn't be what it is today if not for that band.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 am

rainbow rising is one of the best albums ever. stargazer is probably the best track on there
Back to top Go down

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:55 pm

Blackmore is my favorite guitarist. Dio is the best metal vocalist. Cozy Powell was one of rock's greatest drummers. Jimmy Bain was on bass. Everything was perfect on "Rising".
The stars had aligned and created Rainbow Rising.

Great song and band.

Hell, Yngwie based an entire career on that band. Razz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:03 am

This is also one of the most influential metal albums of all times. Black Sabbath started it, but Rainbow might be responsible for shaping the music as we know it today.

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:26 am

Yes, Stargazer is certainly the showcase of this album along with A Light In The Black. Love this album, Dio and Blackmore are simply amazing! Horns Up!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:32 am

it's a good album. Cozy had some skills & proved it on this album.

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:35 am

Wicked album, for sure. "A Light In The Black" is the real standout track for me. I remember listening to it for the first time and being blown away by the double-bass solo section.

Epic.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:01 am

It's freakin' awesome! One of the greatest metal songs ever! Dio was amazing! humble
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 am

mc666 wrote:
it's a good album. Cozy had some skills & proved it on this album.

Yup, the drums are huge. And it's my favorite Rainbow song as well.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:28 am

Rainbow Rising tour rates as my favorite concert ever! Saw them here in San Jose to an almost empty house, Maybe 500 fans in a 3,100 seat arena. They played for 2 hours and fifteen minutes, Amazing show! You would have thought they were playing infront of a 100,000 people, it was just a stunning show!

Last edited by assault_attack on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:57 am

Good album, incredible song. I love all Rainbow, but my favorite album is definately, Long Live Rock and Roll!!!
Back to top Go down

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Required Fields wrote:
A masterpiece.

🤘
Back to top Go down

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:34 pm

I prefer their debut, but the first three Rainbow albums are all gold.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 pm

[quote="kmorg"]I was also listening a lot to Nazareth's "Telegram". Now these songs are nothing like eachother,quote]

Nazareth's Telegram is one of their best songs.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 pm

I think songs like this gave birth to "epic metal", others like it in that era?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Don't forget Tony Carey! He had so much freedom/Room to work with on this album. This lp had no hope for being a hit, Songs were to long & disco was in But it has stood the test of time, A true classic!

I have a killer rough mix of this lp, Vocals are a bit different in parts. A must for die hard fans...........
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 am

Nice little................

Rainbow-Stargazer KashmirRainbow-Stargazer Mainpage_05
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 am

rattpoison wrote:
Nice little................

Rainbow-Stargazer KashmirRainbow-Stargazer Mainpage_05

I think it has its own flavor. Led Zep isn't a bad band to rip-off, although I personally don't believe they did.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:04 am

Oh definately i was just being cheeky, but Ritchie himself has said that he was obsessed with Kashmir and Stargazer was his rewrite of it.
Back to top Go down

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:03 am

I woke up with this song in my head this morning. I still don't think it's all you people crack it up to be. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rainbow-Stargazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow-Stargazer   Rainbow-Stargazer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainbow-Stargazer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next