Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Moody Blues

Go down 
+4
stepcousin
spiritoradio
Troublezone
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:45 am

Anybody besides me a fan of this legendary band?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:55 am

Funny you say that because i just bought a cheap compilation of them at wal-fart recently because i like the song Nights in White Satin and i was curious about their other songs. Overall it's pretty cool chill out music.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 1:55 am

I love the Moody Blues! Great songs and great album artwork.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:14 pm

Ive always liked them but havent had any of their albums in years. I love their '67-72 era before disbanding for 6 years.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 pm

I like them in principle, but it's one of those things...I once had a room mate that listened to "The Best of The Moody Blues" constantly for about two months while he was falling in love with a hippy woman. I had to listen to their love sessions set to that music way too many times, kinda ruins it for a guy. Oh well, he ended up with a very nice son and ex-wife out of the deal, and I've recovered to the point where I can even groove to some of the Moodies songs occasionally.

p.s.- Years after that for some reason I felt compelled to try and sing along with a high note in the song "Question"; and I had a poor cat that would get so scared when he heard me trying to sing that he'd hide for days afterward.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
p.s.- Years after that for some reason I felt compelled to try and sing along with a high note in the song "Question"; and I had a poor cat that would get so scared when he heard me trying to sing that he'd hide for days afterward.

When I practice my power metal singing at my house, my cat runs up to me, looks at me and meows constantly as if to say, "Are you O.K.?! Whats the matter, are you hurt?!" I'm not sure if it's a reflection on my singing or he just doesn't like loud noises, either way I need to get voice lessons or a new cat (the latter won't happen and the former will happen eventually).
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:14 pm

This cat lived until 20 years old, and heard A LOT of loud metal and noises. So I expect the problem was my singing. Mercifully he eventually went stone deaf.

Regarding the Moody Blues. I think often the Beatles get a lot of credit (and rightfully so) for contibuting a progressive ethic that eventually worked it's way into the evolution of metal. However as I remember it the Moodies were right there at the same time, with the Mellotron and all. I think they fit into the history somewhere IMO. They could be slightly heavy at times, and very creatively so too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:29 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
This cat lived until 20 years old, and heard A LOT of loud metal and noises. So I expect the problem was my singing. Mercifully he eventually went stone deaf.

Regarding the Moody Blues. I think often the Beatles get a lot of credit (and rightfully so) for contibuting a progressive ethic that eventually worked it's way into the evolution of metal. However as I remember it the Moodies were right there at the same time, with the Mellotron and all. I think they fit into the history somewhere IMO. They could be slightly heavy at times, and very creatively so too.

Well a lot of progressive metal and rock bands site the Moody Blues as a major influence moreso than the Beatles from what I've read. However, the Beatles were much more popular than them so they always get more credit. I personally, like the Moody Blues much more than I like the Beatles, but I give them their due for paving the way for rock music to come (along with the Rolling Stones, who I like a lot less than them).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:42 am

am a Fan of the Moody Blues

Got them in my CD player in my car right now as a matter of fact
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Well, I'm old enough to be an old hippie. The reason why I like metal more than classic rock is because it just seems to me that by the time we got to metal, the musicians were more skillful at the instruments that they played.

The Moody Blues never fit into that category for me. I like the Moody Blues in the early stages of their career all the way up to their latest stuff. I have always used the Moody Blues to kick back to or sleep to. Although, I have to wonder though if maybe why I like them so much was how well they sounded when under the influence of a mind altering substance, which I no longer take part in since I became a Christian in 1974. But I do recall some very special times listening to On the Threshold of a Dream.
Back to top Go down

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:11 pm

I'm a casual fan. My favorites by them are "Nights In White Satin", "Tuesday Afternoon", and most of the Caught Live +5 album.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:37 pm

I like them, but don't actually own anything by them. A greatest hits would be about right for me, I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Moody Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moody Blues   The Moody Blues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Moody Blues
Page 1 of 1