Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roger Corman R.I.P.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19206

Roger Corman R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 9:06 am

Roger Corman, aged 98, died on Thursday, May 9, at his home in Santa Monica (California).

His family published an emotional statement in which they announced the farewell of this Hollywood personality: "He was generous, open-hearted and kind to all who knew him [...] When asked how he would like to be remembered, he said: 'I was a filmmaker, that's all.'"

The American was involved in films such as 'Little Shop of Horrors' and 'Attack of the Crab Monsters', which were huge hits in their day.

Among the directors Corman has worked with in his feature films are such prominent figures as Francis Ford Coppola, Ron Howard, James Cameron and Martin Scorsese.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 5:50 pm

R.I.P. Roger Corman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40462

PostSubject: Re: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 7:55 pm

A movie legend.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

PostSubject: Re: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 9:33 pm

Such a bummer. 98 is a hell of a good run, though.

Back in the day as a B-movie addicted teen rooting through the video store shelves, you knew something was gonna be good if you saw Roger's "New World Pictures" logo on it.

R.I.P. sir, and thanks for all the badass popcorn fun!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4606

PostSubject: Re: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 11:25 am

RIP

He gave a LOT of Hollywood actors and directors their start. He was incredibly influential. Several of his films were VERY enjoyable, even if they were cheesy.

PostSubject: Re: Roger Corman R.I.P.   Roger Corman R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roger Corman R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1