Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Empty
PostSubject: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 2:27 pm

After John Bonham's death, the band quit. Right on the verge of the '80s resurgence of heavy metal, and the MTV era. What if, instead of breaking up, they just got Cozy (like it was rumoured), and carried on bringing the Zep to the 1980s and, considering it's Cozy we're talking about, probably being heavier than ever?

I think as big as they were in the '70s, the sky was the limit. Forget about Whitesnake, forget about Bon Jovi, Mötley Crue and what have you. They'd have ruled over everyone.

Or maybe not?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 5:02 pm

That would probably have been pretty frickin cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 7:30 pm

Cozy is one of my favorite drummers, but it would not have worked. (IMHDO)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 3:44 am

I don't think it would have been a great thing, but not because of Cozy Powell being involved.

The emergence of punk in the late 1970s had a big impact on how they conceived their setlist for the final 1980 European tour, dropping a lot of the extended improvisation that had made their shows so special throughout the 1970s. Seeing how eager Plant was to embrace new synthesizer technologies and such upon embarking on his solo career, I imagine that would have been worked into their music as well. I don't think they would have ruled MTV either, as the whole brand hung on notions of youth and Zeppelin would have been seen as old-timers.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 2:52 pm

Can’t replace people like Bonham, Plant or Page.

They all had the right chemistry together.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 11:33 pm

Their last album "In Through the Out Door" wasn't one of their strongest, relying on JPJ writing most of the songs, and a lot of keyboards. Page was strung out and being propped up in the studio. I don't think it could've lasted much longer, or put out anything decent. Then again, maybe the death of Bonham would have woke Page up and Cozy would have rejuvenated the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?   What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Led Zeppelin had carried on with Cozy Powell?
Page 1 of 1