Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
Troublezone
Gilbert
nevermore
Witchfinder
Lari
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Pick one (or two)
Annihilator - Set the World on Fire
Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Anthrax - Sound of White Noise
Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
Overkill - I Hear Black
Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps   Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 10:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like Overkill's I Hear Black more nowadays than I did when it was current. That said, it's still the Overkill disc that gets the least play from me (along with the middling Bloodletting).

They were trying to change gears and letting their Black Sabbath vibes show thru on I Hear Black, so it was still heavy, but at that time I wasn't really a massive Black Sabbath fan... I was all about thrash, so the tempo shift threw me. I was like "WTF is this slow shit?" Laughing very hard

Nowadays, of course, I'm better versed in Sabbath so I understand what they were trying to do with that record. I still don't think it's totally successful (and Blitz apparently agrees with me, cuz I've read interviews with him where he sez it's one of his least favorite Kill records) but it's a better album than I gave it credit for back in the day.

Back then everyone was trying to slow down and commercialize their music. TBA set the tone for almost every thrash band. Even Slayer made Diabolus in Musica.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps   Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Sound of White Noise>Set the World on Fire>I Hear Back

I think some overrate SoWN, but it’s the most consistently enjoyable of these three to me. But holy moly, was it downhill fast for Anthrax after this.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps   Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 4:56 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Sound of White Noise>Set the World on Fire>I Hear Back

I think some overrate SoWN, but it’s the most consistently enjoyable of these three to me. But holy moly, was it downhill fast for Anthrax after this.

There's a great series of interviews Anthrax did on Youtube. Did you watch those? It has everyone (incl. Turbin, Lilker, Spitz and Bush), and they sit down and chronologue the history and events of the band. The only one missing was Dan Nelson...

EDIT: Part 1 of 24:

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps   Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three classic thrash metal bands with their 1993 sidesteps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2