Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What spins your top lately....

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
Lari
Troublezone
James B.
8 posters

Old bands releasing new music
What spins your top lately.... Vote_lcap50%What spins your top lately.... Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
New bands releasing music
What spins your top lately.... Vote_lcap0%What spins your top lately.... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Going to gigs
What spins your top lately.... Vote_lcap0%What spins your top lately.... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Buying used shit of what I dig
What spins your top lately.... Vote_lcap20%What spins your top lately.... Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Other (explain)
What spins your top lately.... Vote_lcap30%What spins your top lately.... Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

What spins your top lately.... Empty
PostSubject: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 11:42 pm

The possibilities are endless...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 1:53 am

*other*

Both new (and old) bands releasing music. For one example, I can’t say KK’s Priest is an old band (although KK is a veteran player). Other than that… I mostly listen to old bands releasing new music.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 5:57 am

It's between old bands releasing new shit and buying old shit used.

Even if I get into a new band, time goes so fast these days that suddenly they are yet another old band.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 10:41 am

Lari wrote:

Even if I get into a new band, time goes so fast these days that suddenly they are yet another old band.

There is just way too much new stuff.\'arry \'eadbanger

Most new bands I really dig on, eventually call it a day or change members to ill effect.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 12:11 pm

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

There is just way too much new stuff.\'arry \'eadbanger

Most new bands I really dig on, eventually call it a day or change members to ill effect.

What are some of the new bands you’re referring to?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 1:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Newish don\'t know

Eluveitie
Tengger Calvary
Hatchet
Blues Pills

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 8:15 am

A little bit from column A, a little from column B...

I still support the old guard bands when they release new stuff, up to a point, anyway. After three sleeping pill albums in a row from Iron Maiden, I didn't even bother buying Senjutsu and I probably won't anytime soon unless I find it used and cheap. After my disinterest in most of 72 Seasons, I think I'm at that point with Metallica as well.

But if an old band is still killin' it on their new stuff (see: Raven, Accept, Overkill, Metal Church, Queensryche, etc.) I say bring it on.

I only go to concerts once every couple of years nowadays so live gigs aren't a major concern for me anymore. I've seen just about everybody I've ever wanted to see at least once anyway (with the exceptions of Dio, Black Sabbath and Helloween, and I obviously have missed the boat on those first two)...

My favorite pastime is rooting thru my local second-hand music shop (God bless'em) for goodies I may have missed back in the day, or haven't heard in a long time. I squealed like a little girl when I finally scored AC/DC's Bonfire box set for cheap a week or two ago. Laughing very hard

I started digging into the back catalogs of Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, and Bloodgood this year and that will likely keep me busy for a while.

I don't really keep my ear to the ground for "new" bands anymore, if something new crosses my path and I dig it, fine, but I don't have the time or patience to seek new stuff out like I used to.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 9:52 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Newish don\'t know

Eluveitie
Tengger Calvary
Hatchet
Blues Pills

I think I’ve heard of Hatchet, but not the others…
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 7:37 pm

Revisiting some of my CDs.
CDs that I can’t quote a single song title.
But I know the CD is very good sounding.
GARGOYLE
SINFUL “ Gonna Raise Hell “.
GREY HAWK “ Call of the Hawk “.
METAL INQUISITOR “ Doomsday For the Heretic “
SATAN “ Life Sentence “
SAVAGE MASTER “ Whips and Chains “
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 3:06 am

I have been focusing on old occult metal bands that only released an album or two during the eighties, before disappearing.

So much great metal, if you dig carefully. Most of those albums are now getting official releases, and are a nice addition to the collection.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 10:34 am

Gilbert wrote:
I have been focusing on old occult metal bands that only released an album or two during the eighties, before disappearing.

So much great metal, if you dig carefully. Most of those albums are now getting official releases, and are a nice addition to the collection.

That sounds like fun.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 10:47 am

I didn't pick a choice. There's parts from all options I still do and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
A little bit from column A, a little from column B...

I still support the old guard bands when they release new stuff, up to a point, anyway. After three sleeping pill albums in a row from Iron Maiden, I didn't even bother buying Senjutsu and I probably won't anytime soon unless I find it used and cheap. After my disinterest in most of 72 Seasons, I think I'm at that point with Metallica as well.

But if an old band is still killin' it on their new stuff (see: Raven, Accept, Overkill, Metal Church, Queensryche, etc.) I say bring it on.

I only go to concerts once every couple of years nowadays so live gigs aren't a major concern for me anymore. I've seen just about everybody I've ever wanted to see at least once anyway (with the exceptions of Dio, Black Sabbath and Helloween, and I obviously have missed the boat on those first two)...

My favorite pastime is rooting thru my local second-hand music shop (God bless'em) for goodies I may have missed back in the day, or haven't heard in a long time. I squealed like a little girl when I finally scored AC/DC's Bonfire box set for cheap a week or two ago. Laughing very hard

I don't really keep my ear to the ground for "new" bands anymore, if something new crosses my path and I dig it, fine, but I don't have the time or patience to seek new stuff out like I used to.

That pretty much sums it up for me, as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What spins your top lately....   What spins your top lately.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1