Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King's X - Out of the Silent Planet

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
nevermore
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
rattpoison
stepcousin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm

King's X are definitely in my Top 3 bands, if not my all time favorite band ever. I too bought 'OOTSP' as a new release & have been a big fan ever since buying every new album. I can't wait for 'Go Tell Somebody' in 2008!!

I bet I played the 'OOTSP' cassette literally thousands of times...thank God I got the CD...LOL! My favorites on this one include "Wonder", "Sometimes", "Shot Of Love" & "King"...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Wasn't King's X supposed to put out a live dvd?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 pm

I traded off my two Kings X albums, they rather bored me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
King's X are definitely in my Top 3 bands, if not my all time favorite band ever. I too bought 'OOTSP' as a new release & have been a big fan ever since buying every new album. I can't wait for 'Go Tell Somebody' in 2008!!

I bet I played the 'OOTSP' cassette literally thousands of times...thank God I got the CD...LOL! My favorites on this one include "Wonder", "Sometimes", "Shot Of Love" & "King"...
Doug's new solo album is coming out soon. Sounds like a weird concept. If I recall, there are two versions of every song. The regular version, and then the extended jam version. Either way, should be killer!

Do you buy the exclusive CDs they sell through their site?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 5:36 pm

I bought OOTSP as a new release & have been hooked ever since. I do have to be in the mood to listen to them though. Being a musician myself I tend to pick music apart when I listen, & Kings X has so much going on they give me a headache sometimes. I wish sometimes I could just chill out & listen but my brain does'nt work that way I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Doug's new solo album is coming out soon. Sounds like a weird concept. If I recall, there are two versions of every song. The regular version, and then the extended jam version. Either way, should be killer!

Do you buy the exclusive CDs they sell through their site?

I haven't, no. Mainly beacause I had a bunch of that stuff already from when they were bootlegged...all the demos, radio promo stuff, bonus tracks, etc. That "Live & Live Some More" I already had from the boot trading circuit...

I also have the alternate mix of 'Ear Candy' as well...2 of the songs have extended jam/guitar solo outros...'A Box' has a longer solo in it too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:28 pm

Shawn, what is your favorite King's X album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:42 pm

blackieboy wrote:

Hard to pick one...but if forced to pick what I consider THE difinitive King's X albums, it'd be:

Gretchen Goes To Nebraska
Dogman
Ogre Tones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Hard to pick one...but if forced to pick what I consider THE difinitive King's X albums, it'd be:

Gretchen Goes To Nebraska
Dogman
Ogre Tones

Cool, yeah GGtN is one of mine too.

My two faves are their first two. OotSP and GGtN.

I need to give their newer stuff more of a chance.

This band just KILLS!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 pm

'Ogre Tones' was a MAJOR return to form for them, IMO...the stuff from the Metal Blade had some good songs, but 'OT' really brought back that KX "vibe"...great record from start to finish...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Thanks! I didn't know that. I think I might pick up "Ogre Tones" soon!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:52 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Thanks! I didn't know that. I think I might pick up "Ogre Tones" soon!!!

🤘

It was the first one made with an outside producer since 'Ear Candy' in 1996. All the Metal Blade stuff was self-produced. Michael Wagner (Accept, Dokken) produced 'Ogre Tones'...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 pm

Michael Wagner is a GREAT producer! I can't wait to hear this now!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's X - Out of the Silent Planet   King's X - Out of the Silent Planet - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's X - Out of the Silent Planet
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2