Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Top 3 Seven Album Run

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Empty
PostSubject: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 12:24 pm

Mine....

1- Zeppelin- S/T; II; III; IV, Houses Of The Holy; Physical Graffiti; and Presence.
2- Sabbath- S/T; Paranoid; Master of reality; Vol. 4; Sabbath Bloody Sabbath; Sabotage ; and Technical Ecstasy.
3- Priest- Rocka Rolla; Sad Wings Of Destiny; Sin After Sin; Stained Glass; Hell Bent For Leather; Unleashed In The East; and British Steel.

Probably two or three bands tied for 4th Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 2:32 am

Saxon.
Lionheart, Inner Sanctum, Into the Labyrinth, Call to Arms, Sacrifice, Battering Ram, Thunderbolt.

Death Angel.
The Ultra-Violence, Frolic through the Park, Act III, Art of Dying, Killing Season, Relentless Retribution, Dream Calls for Blood.

Rage.
Perfect Man, Secrets in a Weird World, Reflections of a Shadow, Trapped, Missing Link, X Years in Rage, Black in Mind.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 11:45 pm

King Diamond: Fatal Portrait, Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, The Eye, Spiders Lullaby, The Graveyard.

Judas Priest: Rocka Rolla, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin after Sin, Stained Class, Hell Bent for Leather, British Steele, Point of Entry

AC/DC: High Voltage, Dirty Deeds, Let There be Rock, Powerage, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, For Those About to Rock.

Yes, I kept it at studio albums only, to me a live album just doesn't count in this type of list lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 5:10 am

Trouble:
Psalm 9, The Skull, Run to the Light, Trouble, Manic Frustration, Plastic Green Head, Simple Mind Condition

Testament:
The Legacy, The New Order, Practice What You Preach, Souls of Black, The Ritual, Low, Demonic

Iron Maiden:
Iron Maiden, Killers, NOTB, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 7:46 am

Uriah Heep:

…Very ‘Eavy …Very ‘Umble
Salisbury
Look at Yourself
Demons and Wizards
The Magician’s Birthday
Sweet Freedom
Wonderworld

Opeth:

Morningrise
My Arms, Your Hearse
Still Life
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Damnation
Ghost Reveries

I could also say Van Halen s/t through 5150. Even with Diver Down in the mix, that stretch is so good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 4:59 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Yes, I kept it at studio albums only, to me a live album just doesn't count in this type of list lol

I omitted "Best Of Judas Priest" from my list. It came out between "Unleased In The East" & "British Steel". To me, compilations do not belong on on this type of list. Laughing very hard

(IMHDO) The versions of the tunes on live albums blow away the studio albums. That is why I included the 70's Priest live album on my list.
That 70's live album by AC/DC also has a lot of tunes on it that blow away the studio versions.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 5:49 pm

I was gonna include Sabbath, but James already chose them and I wanted to pick bands not mentioned yet.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 8:42 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

(IMHDO) The versions of the tunes on live albums blow away the studio albums.  That is why I included the 70's Priest live album on my list.
That 70's live album by AC/DC also has a lot of tunes on it that blow away the studio versions.

I agree, the songs on Unleashed are better than the studio versions, as with AC/DC, but for the list to be proper IMO, it has to be studio albums only. Live albums are not much different than best of compilations. If I included live albums, Slayer would have made the cut. Their seventh studio album in Undisputed Attitude. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing great about it either. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 Seven Album Run   Your Top 3 Seven Album Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 Seven Album Run
Page 1 of 1