Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Pantera" Reunion

Go down 
+11
7thSecond
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
Glower
Gilbert
Lari
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

"Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 6:16 pm

If this tribute tour is a success and they like playing together, they could make new music in the style of Pantera, but they will need to start a new band. Even a live album from this tour shouldn’t be called Pantera. They need to attach the word “tribute” to it.

It’s inevitable that when Zakk and Charlie rehearse with Rex, new riffs and song ideas will form. There is definitely a good chance a brand new band or one time collaboration may happen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 6:31 pm

I think Zakk is a logical choice to do this tribute (because he plays heavy southern rock influenced metal and was a good friend of Dime), but another guy that I think could have possibly fit is Jason Bieler from Saigon Kick. He can play very heavy and he is great at soloing. Songs like Hostile Youth and Body Bags from the Lizard album have that crunch and groove like Dimebag did.

Also… Lou St. Paul from Winter’s Bane and Russ Parrish from Halford’s original Fight lineup (now known as Satchel from Steel Panther). Fight was directly influenced by Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 12:47 pm

The new look "Pantera" played its first gig at the Hell and Heaven Festival in Mexico this week. Bootleg clips are all over YouTube, of course.

Charlie looks like he's having fun back there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 6:38 pm

I have to admit that they sound great! It doesn’t hurt that Grady Champion (Dime’s forever guitar tech and best friend) was making sure everything is dialed in properly. Phil sounds great. He’s putting in a lot of effort to sing/bark the songs accurately. Hopefully no more drunken BS like the old days. Just respect for the fans and giving them their moneys worth.

I know this isn’t completely a “tribute” to Dime and Vinnie… maybe it is to an extent. But you know there is money to be made and these guys got a nice cash cow to milk.

Zakk is doing as good as expected, but he’ll never get away from his trademark nuances in his own playing. Charlie Benante is also doing Vinnie Paul’s drums justice. They even have the trademark triggered kick sound dialed in perfect. I’m sure Rex is doing fine too. They guy used to lock in with the drums like a machine.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 8:55 pm

Kid I give drum lessons to was all over this yesterday during our session.

I do not care one way or another what Phil & Rex do. They were both in the band too.
(15 & 20+years respectively) They helped write tunes, helped record them, and perform them onstage. 

I prefer the Terry Era, but dig the first two Phil albums. after that (IMHDO) It was varying levels of sick

Wonder if this gig makes it to Ukraine, one cash grab meeting another Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 4:06 pm

"Pantera" is now missing another O.G. member - Rex Brown has come down with COVID and will miss the rest of their 2022 gigs.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/panteras-rex-brown-says-he-caught-a-very-mild-strain-of-covid-i-do-not-wanna-risk-getting-my-brothers-or-the-crew-sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Pantera" is now missing another O.G. member - Rex Brown has come down with COVID and will miss the rest of their 2022 gigs.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/panteras-rex-brown-says-he-caught-a-very-mild-strain-of-covid-i-do-not-wanna-risk-getting-my-brothers-or-the-crew-sick

But he still gets paid his percentage (I assume).

He seemed fine for months or years, then these huge shows start and he gets sick. I hope he gets better, but I’m glad I decided to skip this tour. Their Metallica show is predictable overpriced, and now it’s currently down to just Phil! It’s not much different than when he was using his band The Illegals.

One thing I gotta say is Charlie is doing a great job on his part! He’s nailing Vinnie’s sound and style. Zakk on the other hand (while good) still sounds like himself.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 7:38 pm

sign sign sign lame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Pantera" Reunion   "Pantera" Reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Pantera" Reunion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2