Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)

Go down 
+11
mc666
assault_attack
Glower
Lurideath
Eyesore
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Hadley
Gilbert
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Of coarse the second song is better…
Iommi makes anything sound better!

But most of the songs won’t be as good as this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 8:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Of coarse the second song is better…
Iommi makes anything sound better!

But most of the songs won’t be as good as this one.

Hopefully Iommi appears on a few more songs.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 5:49 am

The 2nd song is just as bad as the 1st. What a waste!!! This shit just needs to stop!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 5:51 am

Lurideath wrote:
The 2nd song is just as bad as the 1st. What a waste!!! This shit just needs to stop!!!

I think you’re in the minority on the second song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 5:31 pm

I’ve heard a few songs from this album and I’m pleasantly surprised. I actually like what I’m hearing! Aside from the array of classic rock guitar icons that guest in the album, it has some good vocal melodies. The Zakk songs are reminiscent of No More Tears era.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Still waiting for my copy in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 11:44 pm

The Zakk Wylde and Tony Iommi songs are especially good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 1:17 am

I am trying not to check any samples. Gonna have to wait a couple of weeks until the cd is in my hands.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 1:56 am

Gilbert wrote:
I am trying not to check any samples. Gonna have to wait a couple of weeks until the cd is in my hands.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 1:45 am

I just got done listening to it, and it's actually decent. Way better than that last POS he put out. I won't say it's great, but it does have some real good songs. I will have to listen to it again, but I'm glad he recorded this. I kept thinking that Ordinary Man would be his last, and was really sad if that was the case. If this album happens to be his last, then it's a much better way to retire. Still don't care for the title track much, but did like it better than the first time I heard it on youtube. Think the chorus just takes me out of it.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 5:26 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I just got done listening to it, and it's actually decent. Way better than that last POS he put out. I won't say it's great, but it does have some real good songs. I will have to listen to it again, but I'm glad he recorded this. I kept thinking that Ordinary Man would be his last, and was really sad if that was the case. If this album happens to be his last, then it's a much better way to retire. Still don't care for the title track much, but did like it better than the first time I heard it on youtube. Think the chorus just takes me out of it.

I agree with everything you said!

It’s not great or anything close to his classic albums, but it’s good considering his old age and current performance ability. To be fair, almost all of his albums have some mediocre or crappy songs. This album is no exception… but as you mentioned, there is some good stuff. I tend to like the Iommi tunes the best. Zakk also plays some nice solos. I appreciate the Clapton solo, but it’s underwhelming. He's been a straight blues guy for decades. Seeing that this album has some classic rock icons… they should have also added Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and David Gilmour. Oh well… maybe next time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 6:31 am

Ozzy performed during halftime at the NFL kickoff game last week. It was barely shown on live tv (naturally) but Ozzy has since released the full show he did.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 6:40 am

007 wrote:
Ozzy performed during halftime at the NFL kickoff game last week. It was barely shown on live tv (naturally) but Ozzy has since released the full show he did.

Hard rock and heavy metal never gets respect anymore! Not since the 80’s…

There was a time when almost all movie soundtracks had some metal songs. Even live performances on Arsenio Hall and other shows. Nowadays it’s all about shitty mumble rap and puke worthy country music.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

It’s not great or anything close to his classic albums, but it’s good considering his old age and current performance ability. To be fair, almost all of his albums have some mediocre or crappy songs. This album is no exception… but as you mentioned, there is some good stuff. I tend to like the Iommi tunes the best. Zakk also plays some nice solos. I appreciate the Clapton solo, but it’s underwhelming. He's been a straight blues guy for decades. Seeing that this album has some classic rock icons… they should have also added Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and David Gilmour. Oh well… maybe next time! Smile
I live David Gilmour, but could never see him do an Ozzy track. Jimmy and Ritchie would have been awesome though. Gilmour would have been too of course, but I just can’t see it. Have to be some sort of ballad that doesn’t sound like a ballad if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I live David Gilmour, but could never see him do an Ozzy track. Jimmy and Ritchie would have been awesome though. Gilmour would have been too of course, but I just can’t see it. Have to be some sort of ballad that doesn’t sound like a ballad if that makes any sense.

You couldn’t imagine Gilmour playing on one of those moody type songs? He could definitely work well on a ballad. Heck, I never thought Clapton would be on a Ozzy song…
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 12:27 pm

It seems that lately the bar is getting set lower n lower.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 1:31 pm

I think this one is a bit of a improvement over the last album. It has a few good moments. There’s no Over the Mountain or Bark at The Moon… but it isn’t a total flop. Ozzy is old. He wants to concentrate on his Beatles melodies. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 1:18 pm

I am at my second spin. Enjoying the album quite well.

This one will probably be in my top 10 of 2022.

Didn't expect that.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 6:26 pm

That was great footage.
Of course, my first thought, is he faking his vocals.
I hate that.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 5:24 pm

Interesting performance. Two guys who look like they actually belong on the stage with OzzY and two guys who look like they should be performing with Madonna or Pink.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Man, this album keeps getting better and better after each spin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: