Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)

Go down 
+11
mc666
assault_attack
Glower
Lurideath
Eyesore
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Hadley
Gilbert
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 10:15 am

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 11:55 am

It's ok. but kind of plodding too. Hopefully we get more rockers on this album and not just a bunch of slower songs (like the majority of Ordinary Man).

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 12:37 pm

It's ok. You can tell there seems to be lots of effects on Ozzy's voice.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm

nevermore wrote:
It's ok. You can tell there seems to be lots of effects on Ozzy's voice.

Yes, that's obvious.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 1:51 pm

That's okay, I guess. His more recent stuff hasn't been too interesting.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 3:02 pm

Meh! It’s okay, but unlike the new Megadeth song, I couldn’t wait for it to end. Definitely not going to listen to it again and again like I did with Megadeth either. Ozzy should just call it a career. He had nothing left to prove, go out with some dignity.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 12:26 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Meh! It’s okay, but unlike the new Megadeth song, I couldn’t wait for it to end. Definitely not going to listen to it again and again like I did with Megadeth either. Ozzy should just call it a career. He had nothing left to prove, go out with some dignity.

Ozzy will die of boredom (and overexposure to Sharon) if he retires. At least when he’s on the road doing shows, he gets away for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm

It's not okay. You're saying that because it's Ozzy. This new song is trash. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 9:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's not okay. You're saying that because it's Ozzy. This new song is trash. Haha.

You didn’t like the new Def Leppard either… and that shocks me! Razz
Because you have always defended them against all haters.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 10:28 pm

He just keeps getting worse and worse. This song is complete garbage!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You didn’t like the new Def Leppard either… and that shocks me! Razz
Because you have always defended them against all haters.

Not always. I have always trashed X. I really liked the first and last song on X—"Now" and "Scar." On the new one it's pretty much the same: I like "Take What You Want" and "From Here to Eternity."

I'd say overall this one is better than X, but it's got the same issue: outside songwriters. I just don't get it. =(

As for Ozzy, I've kind of always felt his solo stuff was overrated. Even on those early albums. Lots of filler, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 pm

Dumb video. Too much satanic imagery - then add cartoons ?
I wish I could of done the video for him. I like the song.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Jeff Beck has such a unique playing style.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 1:02 am

Eyesore wrote:

As for Ozzy, I've kind of always felt his solo stuff was overrated. Even on those early albums. Lots of filler, in my opinion.

Agreed! He has only put out two nearly perfect albums IMHO. Diary, & Wicked. The rest of them are riddled with filler & ho-hum tracks.

7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 663

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 3:36 pm

Unfortunately he'll never have another album as good as his two masterpieces. Bark At The Moon and Ultimate Sin. The voice effects really suck. That's the kind of shit that I make fun of my wife's shitty music for using.

Last edited by 7thSecond on Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 3:38 pm

(shrug) Meh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 pm

Ozzy and Def Leppard should tour together. Both have been turning out crap for at least 30 years.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2022 8:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Ozzy and Def Leppard should tour together. Both have been turning out crap for at least 30 years.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2022 9:36 am

Seriously, this guy just can not stop. He loves making new albums and being on stage. I have no reason to believe this new album (drops September 9th) will be different than his last 8. God, how I miss 70's and 80's Ozzy. He is my #2 all time vocalist just slightly behind Dio.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 12:07 am

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I like this song better than the previous one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 10:41 pm

He’s obviously having these newer albums “dumbed down” to feature his voice more than a guitar virtuoso.

I guess his days of sharing the spotlight are over.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 11:59 pm

That's a little better. Hope the rest of the album sounds more like that, and less like the other song. Like the harmonica in there too. Always wonder if he really plays it, or if it's just part of his "legacy" from the Sabbath days. Anyone ever see him play it on stage? Anyways, good track.

EDIT: Ah, no wonder I liked it better, Tony Iommi on this song. Thought it sounded more like a Sabbath track over an Ozzy song lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 1:31 am

The new song is better than the first. Even got better after a couple of more listens.

Iommi is excellent👌.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Yes, this song is better than the first. Probably should have been the lead off single.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)   Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne: Patient Number 9 (new track)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next