Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
krokus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:38 am

Check this band out guys:
http://www.letter7rocks.com/
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:39 am

http://www.myspace.com/letter7rocks
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 am

I have their CD. Good vocals. The music is very 80s sounding; melodic, heavy metal. Very Stryper-ish 80's Christian lyrics as well.

I reviewed this CD in my last update:
Quote :
Wow! Now this is a throwback to the glory days of Christian heavy metal in the 80's. Letter 7 play traditional, melodic heavy metal with very blatant evangelistic lyrics and strong, clean vocals. Most of the material here rocks pretty hard, although probably wouldn't be considered heavy by modern standards. Unlike most contemporary metal bands, Letter 7 use the standard E tuning. However, the guitars are still crunchy. "Onward Christian Soldiers" and "Great I Am" are both upbeat rockers. There are also the obligatory ballads in "Seek First" and "First Love". Musically, comparisons can be made to bands like Dokken, Whitecross, Guardian, Allies, etc. The production values of Salt Of The Earth are crisp and successfully capture the band's natural and all out raw energy. For an independent release, the overall sound is quite impressive. Band leader JD Evans handles nearly all the instrumentation on this album, including lead and rhythm guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and lead vocals on one track. Tom Collete capably contributes lead vocals on the remainder of the albums material. The lyrics are straight out of the 80's school of metal as well, with song titles like "Stand on the Rock", "Fear No Evil" and "First Love". The album even begins with an narrated introduction Ephesians 6:12, reminding me of album like "Weapons of our Warfare" and "Behind Enemy Lines". However, at the same time, the lyrics seem a bit formula, unimaginative and canned. While I totally enjoy Christ-centered lyrics, some of these lyrics sound like they came right out of Sunday School. Those longing for the old days of "rocking for the Rock" should find something to enjoy here. Over time, I think that Letter 7 could become a band to be reckoned with. Since recording this album the band has become a full band and includes Tykkus guitarist Dale Burton.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:53 am

Heard them before.Like it,just havent picked up their cd yet.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 12:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have their CD. Good vocals. The music is very 80s sounding; melodic, heavy metal. Very Stryper-ish 80's Christian lyrics as well.

I reviewed this CD in my last update:
Quote :
Wow! Now this is a throwback to the glory days of Christian heavy metal in the 80's. Letter 7 play traditional, melodic heavy metal with very blatant evangelistic lyrics and strong, clean vocals. Most of the material here rocks pretty hard, although probably wouldn't be considered heavy by modern standards. Unlike most contemporary metal bands, Letter 7 use the standard E tuning. However, the guitars are still crunchy. "Onward Christian Soldiers" and "Great I Am" are both upbeat rockers. There are also the obligatory ballads in "Seek First" and "First Love". Musically, comparisons can be made to bands like Dokken, Whitecross, Guardian, Allies, etc. The production values of Salt Of The Earth are crisp and successfully capture the band's natural and all out raw energy. For an independent release, the overall sound is quite impressive. Band leader JD Evans handles nearly all the instrumentation on this album, including lead and rhythm guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and lead vocals on one track. Tom Collete capably contributes lead vocals on the remainder of the albums material. The lyrics are straight out of the 80's school of metal as well, with song titles like "Stand on the Rock", "Fear No Evil" and "First Love". The album even begins with an narrated introduction Ephesians 6:12, reminding me of album like "Weapons of our Warfare" and "Behind Enemy Lines". However, at the same time, the lyrics seem a bit formula, unimaginative and canned. While I totally enjoy Christ-centered lyrics, some of these lyrics sound like they came right out of Sunday School. Those longing for the old days of "rocking for the Rock" should find something to enjoy here. Over time, I think that Letter 7 could become a band to be reckoned with. Since recording this album the band has become a full band and includes Tykkus guitarist Dale Burton.

oHH, I missed that one i think. Yes, they have something from STRYPER but they also remind me of RIOT (SONS OF SOCIETY and INISHMORE days) specialy the song JUDGEMENT DAY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Awesome stuff. Really authentic sounding powerful metal.

Dang it, krokus, you just made me buy another CD. Smile My wife will be FURIOUS with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Awesome stuff. Really authentic sounding powerful metal.

Dang it, krokus, you just made me buy another CD. Smile My wife will be FURIOUS with you. Smile

Great 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm

Probably my favorite release of 2007. These guys came out of nowhere! Usually one of the biggest drawbacks to most indie projects are the vocals. The lead singer is awesome. An exellent helping of old school metal/hard rock.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:08 pm

I've had this one for a while. Good stuff. Even ordered a t-shirt from them.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:53 am

kethdredd wrote:
Probably my favorite release of 2007. These guys came out of nowhere! Usually one of the biggest drawbacks to most indie projects are the vocals. The lead singer is awesome. An exellent helping of old school metal/hard rock.

I agree. Letter 7 reminds me of Theocracy in that the first album is super-strong while being basically a one-man project. I believe JD Evan "hired" Tom Colette to do the vocals, he is not an official band member, but regardless, it resulted in the best indie album of 2007. 🤘

They do have a live band assembled now though. I'd love to see them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7   CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN CLASSIC METAL:LETTER 7
Page 1 of 1