Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)

Go down 
+10
Glower
Required Fields
exact33
Troublezone
Lurideath
Lari
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
James B.
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 12:42 am

I went with full lengths only...

Obituary Slowly, Cause, & Complete
Slayer Reign, South, & Seasons
Deicide Deicide, Legion, & Once
Judas Priest Sad, Sin, & Stained
Napalm Death Scum, Enslavement, & Harmony

FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 7:21 am

Stryper - YABA, Soldiers, THWTD
Dokken - Tooth and Nail, Under Lock and Key, BFTA
Winger - s/t, In the Heart of the Young, Pull
Def Leppard - High N Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria
Primal Fear - Devil’s Ground, New Religion, 16.6
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 3:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
The Stones - Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St.
Impellitteri - Victim of the System, Answer to the Master and Screaming Symphony
Maiden - Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Moon Safari - Doorway to Summer, Blomljud and Lovers End
Queensryche - The Warning, Rage for Order and Operation: Mindcrime
You left out my top favourite Impellitteri album, Eye of the Hurricane. And Victim of the System is just an EP.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 3:16 pm

Aside from the Dio-era Rainbow, I tried to go through my collection with critical thought. I ended up with a very short list of bands with three consecutive perfect 5 star albums:

Helloween - Walls of Jericho and the two Keepers albums. Heavy metal classics. I love Kai Hansen, I love speed, Helloween killed up until 1988.

Iron Maiden did it twice! From Beast to Powerslave and then again with Brave New World, Dance of Death and their top release ever: A Matter of Life and Death, their golden nugget.

Nightwish did it with Wishmaster, Century Child and Once. Really, it could be four, if you count Oceanborn. I recall thinking back in 2004 there was no band better today than Nightwish.

Savatage from Mountain King to Streets. My favourite band ever. 

But my #1 pick (aside from Rainbow) is Skyclad and their run from Prince of the Poverty Line, through Silent Whales to Irrational Anthems. That was their absolute pinnacle. What a trio of albums! It simply cannot be beat. My personal hall of fame has those three on very special pedestals.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 3:27 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Falconer is the answer if the question is "8 in a row."
I've just been getting more into Falconer recently. I've had Chapters from a Vale Forlorn for over a decade at least, and while I always liked it, there was always something else more exciting to explore. But last year I got inspired by the epic Marius Danielsen releases (Valley Doom 1-3) where Blad was a guest and I got Falconer's self-titled debut and it was so good. I then got Northwind and Among Beggars and Thieves, but they are so new (December) I haven't really had the chance to play them yet.

Honestly, I currently have about 6-10 CDs I haven't spun even once, the oldest one being from November. But I'll get to them. There's at least the new Epica, the fourth Falconer CD and Queensryche's Promised Land among them. And at least one more Overkill CD from the box set. And then some stuff I bought on a whim and don't even know what I have. Like... SkyEye? I think they're Slovenian. 

The new Saxon album comes out this Friday. Then there's Annihilator, Star One, etc coming up. New exciting stuff that I need to hear. One day I'll get to all these other ones...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)   Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best 3 in a row by a band (Top 5)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2