Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Preference -7

Go down 
+7
nevermore
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Wrecked Neck
James B.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Personal Preference -7 Empty
PostSubject: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 12:29 am

Exodus- Pleasures of the Flesh
Exodus- Fabulous Disaster

Bonded by Blood (IMHDO) stands alone
So what does the board think bout the first  Souza fronted releases?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am

Hard choice but probably go with Pleasures of the Flesh. Funny because I was so disappointed when it first came out. I didn't know they got rid of Paul, so when I first heard it, I hated it. Didn't really have the evil sound that Bonded by Blood had, so didn't give it many listens at first. Over time it definitely grew on me, and it's probably my second favorite album from them. Fabulous Disaster is great though, but the two covers is what makes it a lesser album in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 12:57 am

To me...
The cover of "Pleasures of the Flesh" looks like 5 dudes sitting at the counter of a titty bar just before the chick pulls up her top. Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 1:11 am

Yes, that was actually one of the things I also hated about that album. Back in those days, album art was supposed to be evil and killer, but that looked like they were waiting for Gilligan to come take their order or something.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 am

Pleasures Of The Flesh just on the strength of having Chemi-Kill on it.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 8:53 am

Pleasures Of The Flesh for me.

The demos for Pleasures with Paul are really cool too:

Troublezone and Wrecked Neck like this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 10:34 am

Pleasures of the Flesh by a smidge.

FYI, the dull album cover was a last minute replacement for the original (cartoony) cover art which showed the band hanging out in the jungle having lunch with some cannibals.

Personal Preference -7 PleasuresOfTheFlesh

Combat Records decided it was too tasteless for some retailers so they swapped it for the group shot. I believe they eventually used it on a picture disc version of the album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

FYI, the dull album cover was a last minute replacement for the original (cartoony) cover art which showed the band hanging out in the jungle having lunch with some cannibals.

Combat Records decided it was too tasteless for some retailers so they swapped it for the group shot. I believe they eventually used it on a picture disc version of the album.

“Smidge guy” Laughing very hard

I like the original cartoon cover a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am

Back in the day I would’ve said Fabulous Disaster just because of Toxic Waltz (my introduction to Exodus). But ever since I got the reissue of Pleasures of the Flesh, I really think it’s a great album! Chemi-Kill is one of their best songs! Pleasures has my vote.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Pleasures Of The Flesh
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Both are the only Exodus albums I care about, but I’ve gotta go with Fabulous Disaster. Pleasures is no slacker and Chemi-Kill is one of their best songs, but the highs on FD are higher.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Never saw that before, thanks Keith

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 am

Fabulous disaster.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Love them both but Fabulous Disaster wins on nostalgia with me. Wore that album out when it was released.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Pleasures of the Flesh, although both are awesome and it's insanely close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -7   Personal Preference -7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Preference -7
Page 1 of 1