Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Preference -1

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
exact33
Lari
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Troublezone
James B.
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Man, even assuming Hammett could play 1/3 of the leads properly is a stretch. It isn't even just my opinion when you have never heard him play certain/specific scales, use certain/specific picking techniques, possess the left hand dexterity, much less, he able to utilize them all together.

Practice isn't a guarantee to give ability.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Yeah, I agree. Guess I'm just giving him more credit than he probably deserves. Gotta remember, I haven't followed them since Load came out. Back when I was a fan, he was my favorite guitarist on the planet, so I was basing it off past feelings. I still think he was a really good guitarist, but Dave and company are on another level.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 9:58 pm

James B. wrote:
Man, even assuming Hammett could play 1/3 of the leads properly is a stretch. It isn't even just my opinion when you have never heard him play certain/specific scales, use certain/specific picking techniques, possess the left hand dexterity, much less, he able to utilize them all together.

Satriani has said he was a great student back in the day. I think his left hand dexterity isn’t the problem. It would be his laziness from being rich and unmotivated.

And let’s not pretend Mustaine is perfect. I’ve heard him play horrible many times. Listen to his butchered attempt to play Cemetery Gates at a Dimebag tribute show. His soloing in general is very hit and miss. He’s much better at rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 10:03 pm

I remember Scott Ian saying Metallica was considering kicking out Lars before they fired Mustaine. They all knew he was the weak link! But Lars is fantastic at running his mouth and negotiating. He co-founded the band and hook them up with the metal massacre compilation. He was like the band’s manager/promoter for most of the early years.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:

And let’s not pretend Mustaine is perfect. I’ve heard him play horrible many times. Listen to his butchered attempt to play Cemetery Gates at a Dimebag tribute show. His soloing in general is very hit and miss. He’s much better at rhythm.
Mustaine is far from perfect. First time I saw Megadeth was in 1987? It was the last time I saw them until they happened to be an opening act for Black Sabbath in 1999. He was so bad that first time, I swore I'd never go out of my way to see them again. That being said, when he's on, he's pretty untouchable. Much like pantera. Seen them about six times, three of those were some of the best shows I've ever been to, the others were downright shit. Because of that first Megadeth show I saw, I'd only go see them if there are at least one other band worth the price of admission.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 9:35 am

Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Megadeth, and I’ve always felt that way. I still love those earlier Metallica albums but I’ve always been partial to Megadeth. I’ve always been for the underdog,so to speak. In high school to me bands like Metallica and AC/DC were hyped by even non metal heads. I thought they were overrated.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Its very hard to choose because both bands have been shit for quite some time. I love both bands 1st 3 albums and then I fall off. I cannot stand "And Justice for All" and I hate "Rust in Peace" just as much. The same goes for both bands releases that followed. Of ALL the songs between both bands overall, I would have to say Megadeth smokes Metallica. I may not like every album, but I like 3 Megadeth songs off the albums So Far So Good and absolutely none by Metallica after Master of Puppets.

So yeah... Megadeth!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Its very hard to choose because both bands have been shit for quite some time. I love both bands 1st 3 albums and then I fall off. I cannot stand "And Justice for All" and I hate "Rust in Peace" just as much. The same goes for both bands releases that followed. Of ALL the songs between both bands overall, I would have to say Megadeth smokes Metallica. I may not like every album, but I like 3 Megadeth songs  off the albums So Far So Good and absolutely none by Metallica after Master of Puppets.

So yeah... Megadeth!

What exactly do you hate about Rust in Peace? That album fucking shreds!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 4:52 pm

If you'd asked me this question in 1988 my answer would've been Metallica.

...then came the Black Album, and Load, and Re-Load, yadda yadda yadda.

Nowadays I'm Team Deth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Nowadays I'm Team Deth.

But what about Risk, Shit Collider and Cryptic Droppings? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nowadays I'm Team Deth.

But what about Risk, Shit Collider and Cryptic Droppings? Laughing very hard

I would still take any of those over the Load/ReLoad combo and St. Anger. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Ironically, Dave Ellefson had a big soft spot for the Load albums. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Ironically, Dave Ellefson had a big soft spot for the Load albums. Laughing very hard

You sure it was a "soft" spot? Laughing very hard

Speaking of which, did you see that Dave Junior is now on that "Cameo" site, offering personal video messages for fans for birthdays, etc. for $30 a pop?

...if I were that guy, I wouldn't wanna have anything to do with a damn web cam for at least a couple of years Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You sure it was a "soft" spot? Laughing very hard

Speaking of which, did you see that Dave Junior is now on that "Cameo" site, offering personal video messages for fans for birthdays, etc. for $30 a pop?

...if I were that guy, I wouldn't wanna have anything to do with a damn web cam for at least a couple of years Laughing very hard

I was gonna edit it to “hard on”. Razz
But as he likes to say, it is what it is!

Yes I saw the Blabbermouth story about his “Cameo” gig. I guess he can’t stay away from video cameras! It’s just a matter of time before his next poor judgment fiasco and he jerks off for a Cameo customer. Laughing very hard
I got his quote as my new signature. Apparently his nice guy act was in fact, “just an act”.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Ellefson could break into acting. Plenty of roles for him. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference -1   Personal Preference -1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Preference -1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2