Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida

Go down 
+9
nevermore
James B.
Eyesore
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Lari
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Empty
PostSubject: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:09 am

Jon Oliva of Savatage/TSO fame was arrested for DUI and cocaine possession this week. Not cool, bro.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/savatage-legend-jon-oliva-arrested-for-dui-cocaine-possession/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:21 am

Cocaine at his age and his weight is a death wish. I hope he gets help.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 12:54 pm

He obviously hit another car.

Now he can relate to the person who hit and killed his brother maybe?

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 pm

Damn, that's bad.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:03 pm

What a dipshit! You have the right to remain silent, so STFU! Glad he's busted, one less idiot driving around on the streets trying to kill someone. I find it funny how backwards things,are. Possession of cocaine is a felony, but being so drunk you running into shit with the potential of killing several people is only a misdemeanor. Glad we got our priorities straight in this fucked up society.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
What a dipshit! You have the right to remain silent, so STFU! Glad he's busted, one less idiot driving around on the streets trying to kill someone. I find it funny how backwards things,are. Possession of cocaine is a felony, but being so drunk you running into shit with the potential of killing several people is only a misdemeanor. Glad we got our priorities straight in this fucked up society.
I agree with this. DUI is an act of a selfish asshole, and especially by someone like Jon who should know better, but still does it. 

If it takes a crash to get caught, I seriously doubt it's the first time he's doing it either. Virtually zero chance.

Cocaine, whatever. Confiscate, hand out a fine, meh, it's not like it makes me doubt his character. People like cocaine. And alcohol and other substances. Just fucking get a taxi home. If you can afford the coke, you can afford the cab fare.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Cell of the drunk driving king
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 9:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Cell of the drunk driving king

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:

And he has diabetes. If it's type 2, drinking is basically poison.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And he has diabetes. If it's type 2, drinking is basically poison.

He may have just given up on life. I think when his brother died, it started a slow downward spiral like Vinnie Paul. The brothers were close. With that said… Jon has always struggled with alcohol and drugs since the 1980’s. It’s just deadlier now because of his poor health and age.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 pm

That picture doesn't even look like him. That fat nose is all from drinking. =(

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 11:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That picture doesn't even look like him. That fat nose is all from drinking. =(

Damn…
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 1:42 am

I love Jon and feel sorry for him.

He really should be out there, making great metal again.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 10:35 am

I've often wondered if alcohol abuse contributed to his stroke?

Laws regarding DUI are catered towards those with more resources available, for the most part, than those that don't.  Even if it was "instant felony" nationwide, cash can change a big giant "F" to a little "m" easy enough.

Life experience is never justification for poor choices (IMHDO)
One can hope he wants help, if he doesn't... We all know how that story ends.
Love the music he has made over the years, but this was total stupidity. Again, (IMHDO).

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:18 am

That's really bad. I hope he gets the help he needs and sticks with it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:19 am

That's a shame. I hope he can get help and get his shit together.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Not shocking, he has always had those issues. he admitted to getting Dio's "whole band addicted to drugs." But damn. Jon.

He was the partier and Criss was the serious one.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 10:02 pm

Jon is cool. But struggling with making good decisions. Might want to re-think your life choices.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 3:04 pm

nevermore wrote:
That's really bad. I hope he gets the help he needs and sticks with it.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 12:12 am

Man, what a sad story to read knowing how his brother died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida   Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva (Savatage) Busted in Florida
Page 1 of 1