Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Troublezone
steelers
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Empty
PostSubject: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 9:36 pm

Been following this news for a couple months.

I can’t wait!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 pm

Not familiar with this band. Need to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 12:00 am

Gilbert wrote:
Not familiar with this band. Need to check them out.

They were one of the best Christian thrash bands. Similar to old Testament. (No pun intended)

Noetic Effect likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 12:51 am

Checking those out. Very good stuff.

Thanks for the links TZ headbanger headbanger.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 10:45 pm

I’d love to see them come back with Rob Wolfe on vocals but this is still good news! I’ll take it!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Those old albums aren't that easy to find.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I’d love to see them come back with Rob Wolfe on vocals but this is still good news! I’ll take it!

Yah, I'd love to see that. Haunts of Violence was a ripper of an album headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Soooo they used to be "Sacrament," now they're called "Testimony of Apocalypse." Got it. Why the name change?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Those old albums aren't that easy to find.

Retroactive Records reissued them a couple of years ago. Boone's Overstock has them:

https://boonesoverstock.com/search?q=sacrament

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Soooo they used to be "Sacrament," now they're called "Testimony of Apocalypse." Got it. Why the name change?

They said on their FB page that it wasn’t really a full blown reunion because it wasn’t all the members but they wanted to release new stuff so I guess they just went with a different name.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 12:47 am

The original members were back, but there was some disagreement in terms of the direction, so a 30 year reunion album was placed on hold indefinitely. However, born out of that decision were two bands creating new music, with the original members split. Mike Torone (vocals) and Paul Graham (drums) will be part of Testimony of Apocalypse and the other members (TBD) will release under Sacrament. Could possibly include Rob Wolfe, Erik Ney, Mike DiDanato, and/or Brian Toy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 1:15 am

I wonder what the exact disagreement was about the musical direction? Is the Mike Torone version more thrash than the other? I really hope Rob Wolfe is involved with the other group.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 1:30 am

I think it might have been more about continuing with the bold message than the music. Rob Wolfe recently contributed some lines on the Motivik “Souls in Torment” cover track, so its sounding like he could be back in the game.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 1:51 am

steelers wrote:
I think it might have been more about continuing with the bold message than the music. Rob Wolfe recently contributed some lines on the Motivik “Souls in Torment” cover track, so its sounding like he could be back in the game.

When you say there was hesitation about continuing with the “bold” message, does that mean some of the guys are not Christian anymore? Or does it mean some of the guys want to be more mainstream.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:28 am

Good question. The details of those discussions were not provided.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:50 am

I revisited some Sacrament on YouTube yesterday cuz I'm not sure I ever heard them back in the day. I liked the music but the vocals turned me off. Reminded me of when Chuck Billy went "death metal" for a couple of albums in the 90s.

Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:56 am

I like the shout/scream/growl style. Two vocalists and two very different styles. Most like both, but some prefer one or the other. Check out Haunts of Violence. It’s definitely not death metal sounding.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I revisited some Sacrament on YouTube yesterday cuz I'm not sure I ever heard them back in the day. I liked the music but the vocals turned me off. Reminded me of when Chuck Billy went "death metal" for a couple of albums in the 90s.

Did you only scope Testimony of Apocalypse album? If so, check Haunts of Violence. Vocals are cleaner.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 7:04 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Did you only scope Testimony of Apocalypse album?  If so, check Haunts of Violence.  Vocals are cleaner.

I think so yeah. I'll give the other album a try next time.

SideShowDisaSter likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 4:02 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 4:30 am

Strange promo… but I’m still looking forward to hearing the album!
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am

I thought it was pretty clever and creative. I think the point was to emphasize a return of the old school as if hunkered down in a basement thinking about ideas and honing skills over the past 30 years, before rising up (returning). Their former guitarist probably said it best:

“Old school thrash singer 😁😁 with old school boombox (including cassette tape😉😉) welcome to 2021😀😀=Thrash!!😇😇” - Brian Toy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next