Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CANDLEMASS

Go down 
+8
Invader
Lurideath
kmorg
Temple of Blood
KissinMaiden
candlemass
Rex
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

CANDLEMASS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS   CANDLEMASS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Candlemass are probably my favorite band of all time. It was Epicus Doomicus Metallicus that got me into doom metal, epic metal and the underground. I remember getting it when I was 12 at a Virgin Megastore when we were on vacation in Florida. The first time I listened to it was at night in my discman and I was totally overwhelmed by it: it was soooo heavy and sooo slow. I was up til 3 AM listening to it again and again and again. Epicus is still my favorite album, no other album ever made can come close to the sheer heaviness of it.

So yeah, that's my favorite Candlemass album, haha. I'd rank their albums like this:

1. Epicus
2. Nightfall
3. Ancient Dreams
4. Tales Of Creation
5. Candlemass
6. From The 13th Sun
7. Chapter VI
8. Death Magic Doom
9. Dactylis Glomerata
10. King Of The Grey Islands

From The 13th Sun is another killer album. That was the third Cmass album I got. The combination of heavy Sabbathy doom and weird Hawkwindish space effects is still awesome (it would be my number six, haha). The only album I don't like is King Of The Grey Islands. It's just too compressed and there's too much filler. Dactylis Glomerata isn't my favorite either, but some parts of it are really cool. Death Magic Doom has some very killer songs, but on a whole I don't think it's very interesting.
Back to top Go down

CANDLEMASS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: