Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Empty
PostSubject: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 am

Album to be released on November 12, 2021:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 10:20 am

It starts with a cool AC/DC vibe, but the vocals are phoned in and boring.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 10:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
It starts with a cool AC/DC vibe, but the vocals are phoned in and boring.

Not much of an interesting first song...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 6:20 pm

Hopefully there is some better songs. I don’t know why they would release a mediocre song to get people interested. Maybe Tracii used all the good riffs on the Sunbomb album. Razz

Truthfully, it’s Phil’s voice that is dull. I hope age isn’t becoming a factor for him. He is a bit older than the rest of them. I think only the former drummer Steve Riley was older than him… but he plays drums. A human voice is organic. It can get messed up a lot easier or change with time.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 12:44 am

Never liked this band, probably never will. Had their debut back when it was released, and liked it for a couple weeks, then moved on. So I guess I can't say I "never" liked them lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 12:50 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Never liked this band, probably never will. Had their debut back when it was released, and liked it for a couple weeks, then moved on. So I guess I can't say I "never" liked them lol

Their first album is definitely the best. It has the gritty sound like early Motley Crue and Ratt.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 2:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Their first album is definitely the best. It has the gritty sound like early Motley Crue and Ratt.

I have been really enjoying Renegades (The other L.A. GUNS). It's quite good and the songs are very memorable.

Need to revisit their debut.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 2:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I've tried to see if my tastes have changed, and gave them a few listens over the years. Just not to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 12:37 pm

New song:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 4:35 am

Man, i am really digging the new track.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 4:14 am

Anyone got the album yet?

I ordered my copy today.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Gave the new album a first full spin earlier tonight.

Excellent material. Far better than their previous one imo.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Phil Lewis seems to be very picky and temperamental with some of their hired guns (no pun intended). Since he reunited with Tracii, they’ve gone through almost a handful of guys. It’s always Phil’s decision, and Tracii apologizes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)   L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A. Guns: Checkered Past (2021)
Page 1 of 1