Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Empty
PostSubject: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Since I’ve got the itch to play music again and I’ve been meeting musicians all the time for my podcast I thought it would be a cool idea to do collaborations with whoever would say yes. We wouldn’t do original songs but covers. We have a bunch done but only 3 have been released so far.

I’ve been working with Lisa Mann who is a blues artist but she also loves metal. So last year she released her first metal album The Poisoner under the monicker White Crone. It’s really kick ass and you should give it a listen.

Also another really good friend has been Ralph Viera from the band Thrash or Die. He’s got a few other bands too plus his own YouTube channel Almost Human 56 and Viera vault.

My main backing band is my friend Lou who has known me since my Phoenix reign days and is now in my
Podcast. The bassist for most of the songs is George Dimitri from the band Timeless Haunt as well as their Keyboardist Don Fortune. I do switch up bassists on a few songs but it’s mostly George.

Anyway here are the songs we’ve done so far. I’ll add the others as they get finished.

Alice Cooper- Black Widow

Stratovarius- hunting high and low

Van Halen- Atomic Punk

007 and Lari like this post

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:56 am

These covers are fantastic ! Fun too to watch. Good choices of songs also.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 4:00 am

Hunting High And Low is one of my favourite covers.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 am

Nice! Atomic Punk is great.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Glower wrote:
These covers are fantastic ! Fun too to watch. Good choices of songs also.

Awesome! Thanks man. Yea it’s been fun doing them too but also a hassle. Can’t wait to get the next few done.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Hunting High And Low is one of my favourite covers.

Yea came out pretty good. I changed the drums a little bit but still works out. Was a fun easy one to do.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm

007 wrote:
Nice! Atomic Punk is great.
Thanks! Took me a while to get those drums down. I was never really familiar with that song until we recorded it. It was fun.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:33 pm

Looks like lots of fun Wayne.
Dig seeing your playing style on video, I relate and appreciate that ""tight n loose" approach being self taught.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 pm

James B. wrote:
Looks like lots of fun Wayne.
Dig seeing your playing style on video, I relate and appreciate that ""tight n loose" approach being self taught.

Thanks! Yea it has been fun for the most part. It hasn't been fun waiting on some vocalists tho haha! but hopefully now that will change. We have another old school HOM'er joining in on a song and so far what he showed me came out good. can't wait to hear the rest

PostSubject: Re: Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come   Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some cover songs Alice Cooper, Van Halen Stratovarius and more to come
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: