Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

Go down 
+19
metalinmyveins
Leatherface
Lari
manny
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Troublezone
brokentulsa
James B.
Witchfinder
nevermore
Required Fields
tohostudios
mc666
Fat Freddy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 12:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I was actually thinking of EVH a couple days before he died. I’m not sure why... but he was in my thoughts. And now this...

I wish he made amends with Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar.

It totally sucks that they all didn't get together and work out their differences.

Well, I actually just read on Blabbermouth that Eddie and Sammy were secretly talking again. That’s good. But as far as Michael Anthony... I have no idea. He was the one that deserved amends even more than Sammy.

I'm glad Eddie and Sammy made amends. I totally agree with you a 1000000 % about Michael Anthony.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 am

Eddie was a heavy cigarette smoker.
He could blow smoke rings at the camera.
They were a major party band - for decades.
A lot of people were smiling yesterday chatting about him.
Even on CBS News....they had a happy vibe.
The 80s was huge movement. VH May have been the forerunners of it all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 10:06 am

There's a pretty big chunk of his music I am not familiar with.

He left a pretty big catalogue for us to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 10:07 am

Required Fields wrote:
Keith Richards heard the news.

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 833823de9d5ac436e8b0f1d3617aa3a1

It’s crazy that Keith Richards, Ozzy and all the guys in Motley Crue are still around!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 10:09 am

Actually the only ones I know are VH1, VH2 and 1984. And the first is the only one I own on CD.

The other two I once borrowed from the library some 20 odd years ago.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 2:39 pm

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-halen-unreleased-songs/?fbclid=IwAR1howRmhWvzblP-sPj5TrGgUHPV662HUe4pMVfZnUW0US7eAyKU0E0QtMs

I'm okay with this.

I'm not okay with this.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 2:47 pm

corplhicks wrote:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-halen-unreleased-songs/?fbclid=IwAR1howRmhWvzblP-sPj5TrGgUHPV662HUe4pMVfZnUW0US7eAyKU0E0QtMs

I'm okay with this.

I'm not okay with this.

It will be interesting to see what they can dig up.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 1:31 am

It's simply amazing how many people and other bands I follow on FB, have been filling my feed with Van Halen stuff this week. We've lost a lot of big time stars over the years, but I've never seen this kind of support on social media over any of them like I have for EVH.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 3:38 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
It's simply amazing how many people and other bands I follow on FB, have been filling my feed with Van Halen stuff this week. We've lost a lot of big time stars over the years, but I've never seen this kind of support on social media over any of them like I have for EVH.

I think it's because he is considered as more main stream than other rock and metal acts, and has fans who may not necessarily love metal music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 3:39 am

Hopefully there will be some kind of annual tribute show to raise money for cancer research. Too many people are taken too soon... Dio, Frankie Banali, EVH (and so many others) should still be here with us. Their names and musical legacies can benefit everyone.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I think it's because he is considered as more main stream than other rock and metal acts, and has fans who may not necessarily love metal music.

It's the only reason I've been back on Facebook, although probably not for long. The tributes and anecdotes have been just wonderful. I've enjoyed my break from social media, but obviously how can I stay away now?

One interesting read is Nuno Bettencourt's recent pre-covid encounter with Ed, in which Ed revealed he would be getting in contact with Mike for a reunion show. That blew my mind.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 am

Nice tribute:
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 12:34 pm

RIP.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Classic Rock legend David Crosby was apparently not a VH fan. He responded "Meh" to news of EVH's passing on Twitter, and caught hell for it. Laughing very hard

https://blabbermouth.net/news/david-crosby-draws-ire-of-van-halen-fans-after-dismissive-eddie-van-halen-tweet/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 10:26 am

We Sat Down With Eddie Van Halen to Ask How He Accepted His Son Coming Out as a Bassist

Fun website.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Classic Rock legend David Crosby was apparently not a VH fan. He responded "Meh" to news of EVH's passing on Twitter, and caught hell for it. Laughing very hard

https://blabbermouth.net/news/david-crosby-draws-ire-of-van-halen-fans-after-dismissive-eddie-van-halen-tweet/

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 12135710
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 1:08 am

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 12135710

David Crosby is a boring hack that strums an acoustic like a nun. I can’t stand his elevator music! He’s also extremely rude for a “peace and love” hippie.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 am

lol! I actually thought David Crosby was dead.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 7:50 am

David Crosby donate her sperm to two lesbians.
Melissa Etheridge.....and Julie Cyber. Marriage fell apart.
They produced Becket Cyber.
At age 21 Becket committed suicide.

On a side not, I heard Lesbian divorce is one the
highest in the country. And growing.
I heard up to 90%.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm

007 wrote:
lol!   I actually thought David Crosby was dead.

The wrong person died. Eddie should still be here instead of that steaming pile of hippo excrement known as David Crosby!

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 4:34 pm

When the Beatles wrote “I Am the Walrus”, David Crosby believed it was a divine message about him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 12:56 am

I'd be remissed if I didn't comment now that I'm trying to have a bit of a presence here. Van Halen was big part of my journey into hard rock music. I know many people don't like "Van Hagar" as they call it, but it was my first foray into them. Poundcake and Right Now were so mesmerizing to me they are still staples in my music listening habits. It wasn't that long before I saw the music video (my early years into hard music is deeply tied to MTV) for Hot For Teacher and got introduced to the Van Halen most love. Both are great and I have all the Dave and Hagar VH albums in my collection.

His contribution to the music we all know and love is undeniable and he truly is a legend!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 3:47 am

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 11:35 am

Who has that type of cash !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen   R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2