Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Saxon R.I.P.

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:03 pm

John Saxon, character actor known for his roles in Westerns and horror films, died Saturday. His career spanned more than sixty years tallying more than 200 film credits. He co-starred with Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon and starred in Wes Craven’s A Nightmare on Elm Street in 1984. He was 83.
His wife stated he passed from pneumonia in his Murfreesboro, Tennessee in a statement to THR.
Saxon was born as Carmine Orrico in Brooklyn, New York in 1935. After graduating high school he studied with famous acting coach Stella Adler. Soon after Universal Studios contracted him and requested he be renamed to John Saxon. He was also notably skilled in judo and karate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Such a bummer. He was one of those guys who was always good, even if the movie he was in sucked (and let's be honest, he was in a LOT of schlock, haha).

My fave role of his was probably as "Sador," the Darth Vader character in Roger Corman's classic Star Wars knock off, "Battle Beyond the Stars."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Yeah he was in a lot of cool movies, too many to list. RIP, sir.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 9:45 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Like FF said even if the movie was terrible, he was always good in it.

I will always remember him from Bruce Lee's final and best film 'Enter the Dragon'
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 4:46 am

As a kid i remember being creeped out by him as a robot in The Six Million Dollar Man

John Saxon R.I.P. Sixmill0104

John Saxon R.I.P. Tumblr_ovj14bfOxL1sqf5tdo1_400
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Seemed to in everything at one time. I always looked forward to movies he was in.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Saxon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Saxon R.I.P.   John Saxon R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Saxon R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1