Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am trying something new.

Go down 
+4
manny
Gilbert
tohostudios
the sentinel
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

I am trying something new. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am trying something new.   I am trying something new. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 7:20 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Agent Steel -  Skeptics Apocalypse

Awesome album. The only reason I don't play this one more is because "Unstoppable Force" is so fecking epic!!! 8/10.

Don’t forget Omega Conspiracy, awesome album!

I have heard it and it's on the want list, but, sadly, I don't own it. The only other Agent record I have is the Mad Locust rising Ep on vinyl and CD.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I am trying something new.   I am trying something new. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:52 pm

Update #1 I bought the three new/missing Agent Steel discs the other day. They should be here soon.

Update #2 Airbourne - Black Dog Barking. A solid 7.5/10 and a perfect upbeat Rock and Roll album for a sunny Sunday afternoon to take my mind off things. I think when this one came out I grabbed it and it got lost in the shuffle of me buying a bunch of stuff at the time. As a testament to their influences. my wife could hear me playing it while I was in the music cave, and, when I came up to grab a beer, she was humming "Thunderstruck" and I just sorta smiled to myself.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I am trying something new.   I am trying something new. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 10:00 am

Alcatrazz - Dangerous Games

Even though he sounds great, I feel like Graham Bonnet is out of ideas here, as evidenced by two cover songs from the 1960's that really aren't all tat great to begin with. Also, after having to hall of fame guitarists in Malmsteen and Vai in the band previously, GB probably didn't want to be outshined so he had a relatively unknown take the spot in Danny Johnson, and then allowed the keyboards to outshine the guitar parts. I give this one a 5/10 as the only saving graces are the venerable voice of Bonnet and the fact that it's a pretty neat snapshot of the mid 1980's. I don't see myself revisiting this one any time soon.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I am trying something new.   I am trying something new. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm

Alice Cooper - Last Temptation 7/10

I think my reason for leaving this one behind a bit is that it's not the classic Coop, nor is it the "hair metal" from the 1980's that I know and love. A fine disc overall, but just not the greatness that most of the man's career has been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am trying something new.   I am trying something new. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am trying something new.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: